The Student Room Group

Will she come back?

My other half ended our 18 month relationship today. She walked out and left me I’m unsure if this is temporarily or not. But she removed me off snap, TikTok, I presume she’s also blocked me on iMessages. This was because I contacted her friend and asked her if she heard from her because we didn’t speak for nearly 2 days and she’s been behaving odd/weird/strange since Sunday… I then said to her friend it’s best to walk away for a bit to be honest and I clarified what I meant giving her room and space to herself for her to eventually be herself to come and reach out to me although she said I made a whole embarrassment out of her by doing this and telling this to her friend am I in the wrong is this really embarrassing.

For her I would ensure that she was always kept happy, constantly receiving affection and attention (even though she doesn’t want it and doesn’t like it), I would take care of her health and wellbeing for example whenever she would have a headache/migraine I’d allow her to rest in comfort, making sure she’d have her medicine taken that she got home dropped off and picked and dropped off from university and work safe and sound taking her to appointments here and there and helping her in her academia wherever I could for example help finding work experience as well as just give her that “princess treatment” spoil her when I felt it. She even made a promise yet she left and walked away.
Reading between the lines here you might have been somewhat smothering her - like you know she isn't comfortable with all the love bombing stuff, so why keep doing the same things?

Do you understand that someone might not want waited on hand and foot, chaperoned everywhere, their career mentored or in other words, the whole princess treatment? It can be seen as babying someone or generally messing with their autonomy and the fact you kinda went over her head to one of her friends might have been the last straw.
Reply 2
Original post by StriderHort
Reading between the lines here you might have been somewhat smothering her - like you know she isn't comfortable with all the love bombing stuff, so why keep doing the same things?

Do you understand that someone might not want waited on hand and foot, chaperoned everywhere, their career mentored or in other words, the whole princess treatment? It can be seen as babying someone or generally messing with their autonomy and the fact you kinda went over her head to one of her friends might have been the last straw.

Yeah but no matter how many times I asked her she was okay and happy with it at the same time her friend understood I spoke to her as part of worry and concern because she didn’t speak to me for a couple of days and was acting weird since
Original post by Anonymous #1
Yeah but no matter how many times I asked her she was okay and happy with it at the same time her friend understood I spoke to her as part of worry and concern because she didn’t speak to me for a couple of days and was acting weird since

First you say she claimed not to want or like that much attention, now your saying she claimed to be ok and happy with it.. I don't think it can be both, she obv has some issue with it?

I think you might need to do a bit more more self reflection here than 'Yeah but...'
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
First you say she claimed not to want or like that much attention, now your saying she claimed to be ok and happy with it.. I don't think it can be both, she obv has some issue with it?

I think you might need to do a bit more more self reflection here than 'Yeah but...'

Why didn’t she say then
Original post by Anonymous #1
Why didn’t she say then

You tell me, you're the one saying two contradictory things. You specifically said she did not want or like constant affection or attention, so you're obviously already aware and have chosen not to alter your own behaviour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending