The Student Room Group

What equipment/stationary do I need?

Hi there, I'm going into AS in September and in wondering what I'll need (eg folders, protractor etc)? I'm also taking biology and chemistry if anyone knows anything I'll need for those or has any advice?
Thank you! ☺️
Original post by Gartland
Hi there, I'm going into AS in September and in wondering what I'll need (eg folders, protractor etc)? I'm also taking biology and chemistry if anyone knows anything I'll need for those or has any advice?
Thank you! ☺️

For maths You need a Casio 911 es plus calculator (but not until you start C2) , a pencil, sharpener, rubber and a pen, something to write on and maybe a ruler.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Thank you! ☺️

For Maths I never needed anything other than a pen, calculator and ruler (I barely used the ruler). I can't remember the last time I used a pencil but I guess some people would prefer one in the exam in case of mistakes. One thing that's really handy to keep at home is a stapler and staples for past exam papers, I've never used one so much in my life!
Reply 3
Thank you! How did you file your work?
Reply 4
Original post by dlwilson97
For Maths I never needed anything other than a pen, calculator and ruler (I barely used the ruler). I can't remember the last time I used a pencil but I guess some people would prefer one in the exam in case of mistakes. One thing that's really handy to keep at home is a stapler and staples for past exam papers, I've never used one so much in my life!

Thank you! How did you file your work?
For biology/chemistry, folders are important. Highlighters, pens (red included), ruler for practical work, pencil, rubber, sharpener.

For Maths you don't really need anything other than paper and a pen and a calculator, a ruler which you don't need for most things. You could have a folder etc but I just stuck past papers/handouts in my book. Besides, I never went over my notes for any subject, if I wanted to revise I would just use the textbook and make notes of stuff I don't understand.
Reply 6
Original post by SeanFM
For biology/chemistry, folders are important. Highlighters, pens (red included), ruler for practical work, pencil, rubber, sharpener.

For Maths you don't really need anything other than paper and a pen and a calculator, a ruler which you don't need for most things. You could have a folder etc but I just stuck past papers/handouts in my book. Besides, I never went over my notes for any subject, if I wanted to revise I would just use the textbook and make notes of stuff I don't understand.

Thank you! I don't think our school supply books so I might get graph paper for notes and then put in in a folder?
Thank you! I don't think our school supply books so I might get graph paper for notes and then put in in a folder?

If you're going to re-read the notes, I would recommend an exercise book. Loose bits of paper can get annoying, whereas you'll know where everything is in your book, it's already in order and held together well.

Quick Reply

Latest