The Student Room Group

Do you trust the Police?

Your thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Never had a reason not to.
Reply 2
From what I've seen in my personal experience they have done a good enough job to earn my trust.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm joining the police. So erm, yeah. Yeah, I do tbh. They're decent folk for the most part, it's a really tough job though. The public don't even know the half of it that whine about them - if they're so **** then join up and show them how it's done. Reality is that solving crime is not so simple.
Reply 4
Never trust them. They'll try to get you for anything, whether you're innocent or not.
Reply 5
Yes
Had bad experiences with them unfortunately
100% :h:

I am very grateful for the good work they do.
Reply 8
I trust them no more and no less than any other stranger on the street. Its like any other profession there are folks who are good at it and folks that are terrible.
in the UK, yeah
I have had one unpleasant experiences with the police, but outside of that they have for the most part been friendly, helpful and understanding.

However the police force as an institution has quite a few failings, but that isn't the average bobby on the street's fault.
Nope too much power, theres a certain type of person who joins the police force and its not to help people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends what for.
Original post by Killa Kam
Nope too much power, theres a certain type of person who joins the police force and its not to help people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with you there I also believe that some join for more than just solving crime.
**** no. I don't trust any professional whose job is dictated by procedure.
Reply 16
Police officers children are more likely to grow up and become criminals.
My uncle's girlfriend was a police officer, and she cheated on him. Obviously not a reflection of her work in the force, or the police force as a whole, but someone with that mentality would never gain my trust. I'm sure like all professions, there'll be some who are good at it, some who are poor, and some who abuse the power they've been given.
Reply 18
Never. Very sly people. I dislike them.
Original post by Vixen47
**** no. I don't trust any professional whose job is dictated by procedure.

But that's like most corporate jobs though? Processes, processes, processes...Though there's generally more freedom in the smaller companies I guess!!

Quick Reply

Latest