The Student Room Group

personal statement

Im applying for forensic science in sep 2024 and im beginnin to write my personal statement but im struggling. Ive searched online how to start and what to think about but my answers to those questions are so simple. For example UCAS said to think about why you like forensic science, my reason is just that i find it really cool and interesting about how they can solve serious crimes. Im not sure if thats too vague. UCAS also said to think about why i got into forensic science but i just watched lots of police dramas and shows, i cant really think of anything else. Does anyone have any ideas on how i can make these sound better?
Original post by heyidontknowwhat
Im applying for forensic science in sep 2024 and im beginnin to write my personal statement but im struggling. Ive searched online how to start and what to think about but my answers to those questions are so simple. For example UCAS said to think about why you like forensic science, my reason is just that i find it really cool and interesting about how they can solve serious crimes. Im not sure if thats too vague. UCAS also said to think about why i got into forensic science but i just watched lots of police dramas and shows, i cant really think of anything else. Does anyone have any ideas on how i can make these sound better?

just keep writing down anything that comes to you, its good that youre starting early so youll have way more time to write and rewrite, trust me, there will be multiple drafts before youre happy. one of the most important things is structure so for mine i focussed on a 80-20 structure where 80% was solely on my subject and the 20% was my hobbies and me as a person. i also did my paragraphs with different points so why my course, further research and showing interest, work experience, what i wanna do in the future. try to always link anything youve done or read or seen etc back to why you wanna do this course eg police dramas and shows introduced to you forensic science as you thought solving mysteries and complex problems was very interesting so this prompted you to further investigate into xyz. maybe add a personal like to it, not sure how maybe crimes in your area or finding a way to shadow the police/forensics? not sure how feasible that is. theres always tons of ted talks and books to refer to that show your interest and maybe you could use them to form your own ideas on opinions on the industry/any problems etc. sorry if this is super vague - feel free to send me your ps draft if u want me to have a look and offer more specific advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending