The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Harrow campus anyone?

So I just finished my first year at a different uni but have decided to start again somewhere new and should hopefully be on the Harrow campus starting September.

Thought it would be nice to meet some new people?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ilivingston
So I just finished my first year at a different uni but have decided to start again somewhere new and should hopefully be on the Harrow campus starting September.

Thought it would be nice to meet some new people?

Hi there

You must be really excited to be starting a new uni so welcome to Westminster! You're going to have a great time at the Harrow Campus, the facilities are excellent and there's lots of outside space there too. I thought you may be interested in the link to the Student Union Facebook page so you can see what's going on in your first week.

Have fun :smile:

Kim
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
I'll be starting at Harrow campus too :smile: what will you be studying?
Reply 3
Original post by LeStrangeOne
I'll be starting at Harrow campus too :smile: what will you be studying?

Photography how about you?!
I'll be doing animation :smile: you staying in halls there then?
Reply 5
I'll be doing animation :smile: you staying in halls there then?

I'm still waiting to hear back from the person who is meant to be my tutor before I can sort out anything like my finance and somewhere to live but I'm hoping to be living in some new accommodation that they've built in Wembley! How about you?
Ahh right yeah, the halls in Wembley look so nice but I'll be in Harrow halls, I hope anyway haha I've paid my deposit but have heard nothing further
Reply 7
Ahh right yeah, the halls in Wembley look so nice but I'll be in Harrow halls, I hope anyway haha I've paid my deposit but have heard nothing further

Well if you've paid then it should definitely be yours so don't stress!
Hi all,

Firstly, good luck to those who are picking up their A-level results, today!

Hopefully we'll be seeing most of you at Raffles House for September. Please feel free to ask us any questions about the accommodation.

Additionally, we've created a private residence Facebook page so that you can begin to get to know your flat mates, and know what you need to bring before you arrive :smile:
Reply 9
Hey! I'm starting at the Harrow campus in September too... What are you studying?
Im doing animation, what about you?
Im doing animation, what about you?

I'll be doing photography, I had to go through clearing because of changing universities and so I'm waiting to hear back and find out if they have any room in the halls otherwise I'll have to look elsewhere!
Theres loads of people on the facebook groups I've seen advertising rooms for sale if you can't find a place in halls
Theres loads of people on the facebook groups I've seen advertising rooms for sale if you can't find a place in halls

Yeah I tried to join that group but it's private and I haven't been accepted just yet!
I'll be staying at Harrow Halls first year, doing TV Production
Well they will accept you soon im sure, if not i could put some of the links on here for you?

And oh tv production sounds cool! Ive only seen one over person say theyre doing animation at Westminster haha
Well they will accept you soon im sure, if not i could put some of the links on here for you?

And oh tv production sounds cool! Ive only seen one over person say theyre doing animation at Westminster haha

Yeah that would be great I'll keep you updated on whether I get accepted. I haven't found anyone yet on my course!
Lots of people on each Facebook group I'm in are doing Photography :smile: I link the two groups here:
Freshers:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/231891653652299/?fref=ts
Harrow Halls:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1555076508088766/?fref=ts

and some of the accomodation being posted are:

"4 bedroom available in a 5 bedroom house in Archway, situated only 6 minutes away (walk) from the Archway tube station and a 1 minute walk from Upper Holloway overground, with many local amenities such as Sainsburys. Also very close to London Metropolitan, UCL, City, Islington Universities, £140 pw pp." photos: http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/Sergiojt/library/Mobile%20Uploads?sort=3&page=1

and:
"Hey my name is Zoey and me and my two friends Eloise and Toby (ages 19, 20 and 21) are looking for a flat mate to share a house with us with a starting tenancy for the 15th August (which is today but can move in at any point smile emoticon ) at:25 Hawthorn Road, NW10 2LR- (7 minutes walk (0.5 miles) to either Dollis Hill station or Willesden Green station (Jubilee line, zone 2-3).
We are looking for someone to take the slightly smaller double room for £127 a week (not included bills). The room size is 11"5 x 6"3. This also includes the storage cupboard just outside of the room on the second floor."
There are pictures for this in the freshers group, but it looks so nice!

and also try checking the students section on rightmove:
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/student-accommodation.html/svr/1122;jsessionid=41617235A618878E42DFE7CE3B4C8B56
I'm pretty sure I'll be in Harrow. I'm a PR student from the US studying at UW for the fall and based off of my classes will probably end up being placed there. As a student studying abroad I don't have too much control but I hope that's where they put me. It seems like one of the nicer buildings to live in.
Original post by Olivia513
I'm pretty sure I'll be in Harrow. I'm a PR student from the US studying at UW for the fall and based off of my classes will probably end up being placed there. As a student studying abroad I don't have too much control but I hope that's where they put me. It seems like one of the nicer buildings to live in.

Is it PR you'll be studying at Westminster then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending