The Student Room Group

Sixth form

Are there any state schools in London that many private school pupils move to for sixth form?
Its not necessarily in central london but a lot of private school pupils I knew went to St Dominics College in Harrow
I’ve actually applied to that school because I live in Harrow so that’s perfect thank you!
Original post by RedVelvet16
Are there any state schools in London that many private school pupils move to for sixth form?

I go to Harris Westminster Sixth Form. It’s a selective state with an unexpected amount off former private school students. You need 6A’s and above to get in and also need to pass the admission tests and interviews. It’s very diverse and has people from all over London with different socioeconomic backgrounds. It’s exclusively a sixth-form and it’s appeal is probably because we’re partnered with Westminster school. However we do have to take 4 A-Levels as compulsory and the education is good as well as career prospects if Oxbridge is your thing. However the pastoral care is questionable and so forth

Get back to me for any advice or information
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by English_Litty
I go to Harris Westminster Sixth Form. It’s a selective state with an unexpected amount off former private school students. You need 6A’s and above to get in and also need to pass the admission tests and interviews. It’s very diverse and has people from all over London with different socioeconomic backgrounds. It’s exclusively a sixth-form and it’s appeal is probably because we’re partnered with Westminster school. However we do have to take 4 A-Levels as compulsory and the education is good as well as career prospects if Oxbridge is your thing. However the pastoral care is questionable and so forth

Thank you, I appreciate the reply I’ll certainly look into it!
Original post by English_Litty
Get back to me for any advice or information

I certainly will when I apply; thank you so much!!
I’ve actually applied to that school because I live in Harrow so that’s perfect thank you!

I went to St Dominics, and I had a great time! If you've got any questions about the college, feel free to ask me!
Original post by chibichibi_xx
I went to St Dominics, and I had a great time! If you've got any questions about the college, feel free to ask me!

Thank you! I certainly will : )

I currently go st Dominic’s and it’s really nice!
Reply 10
Original post by chibichibi_xx

Original post by mfish894
I currently go st Dominic’s and it’s really nice!

Hi my name is Rani i have applied to St Dominics as well as my high school Nower Hill for sixth form. I am currently torn between the 2. It would be extremely helpful if i could get some advice on the teaching of specifically history and english in St Dominics . If anyone does any of these subjects it would be great if you could advise on the experience of these specific subjects in St Dominics . Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending