Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey mature students 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Pyxel
Hello! And I totally agree :P

I will be living on the dorms :smile: Have you been allocated yet?

Yup! Millennium House :smile: I got my first pref in terms of rooms, so quite excited !
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 21
Original post by summerRM
Yup! Millennium House :smile: I got my first pref in terms of rooms, so quite excited !

I'm at University Court, it's close by :smile: I actually got my second choice (C, my first was D), but it's ok, I'll save some money and I don't really need an ensuite bathroom.
Has everyone had the details of the mature student day? The lady I am attending with has but I haven't and I was wondering if I should be concerned?
Original post by Pyxel
Hello! And I totally agree :P

I will be living on the dorms :smile: Have you been allocated yet?

I'm a mature student as well and will be living on the dorms. I've been allocated at Manor Park, how about you?
Reply 24
Original post by anniehealy
Has everyone had the details of the mature student day? The lady I am attending with has but I haven't and I was wondering if I should be concerned?

I haven't had anything yet either!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/schoolsandcolleges/post16/adults/pre-entry/index.htm

check out this link for the pre-entry mature students day.

***Mature Learners Pre-entry Day September 2015

Further details will be sent to you once your place at the University of Surrey is confirmed during August 2015. Please be aware these days are very popular with students, and places are allocated on a first come first served basis, so early booking is recommended.

If you have further questions, please email the Department of Widening Participation & Outreach: [email protected]****

Will anyone else be attending? If i can get to Surrey for then, I will be
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 26

Original post by Pyxel
I'm at University Court, it's close by :smile: I actually got my second choice (C, my first was D), but it's ok, I'll save some money and I don't really need an ensuite bathroom.

Are there specific halls of residences for mature/phd students? I wasn't able to find any information about it.
Reply 27
Original post by kingm
http://www.surrey.ac.uk/schoolsandcolleges/post16/adults/pre-entry/index.htm

check out this link for the pre-entry mature students day.

***Mature Learners Pre-entry Day September 2015

Further details will be sent to you once your place at the University of Surrey is confirmed during August 2015. Please be aware these days are very popular with students, and places are allocated on a first come first served basis, so early booking is recommended.

If you have further questions, please email the Department of Widening Participation & Outreach: [email protected]****

Will anyone else be attending? If i can get to Surrey for then, I will be

Yes I signed up for a space & my place at Surrey has been confirmed, I just haven't had further details on the day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by astridg13
I'm a mature student as well and will be living on the dorms. I've been allocated at Manor Park, how about you?

University Court :smile:

Original post by kingm
Are there specific halls of residences for mature/phd students? I wasn't able to find any information about it.

No, but I think they try to pair you with "similar" students on your flat (for example, PG students living with other PG students). But I can't confirm it, as I have yet to find someone else from my house :P
Reply 29
Original post by lovali
Here it is officially classed as a student over 21 so you qualify :wink:

Guess technically I qualify then as will be 22 when I start but calling myself mature just seems wrong!
Reply 30
Original post by kingm

I've also heard that they try to put 'similar' students together, but haven't met others in my flat to confirm. :smile:
Reply 31
I've also heard that they try to put 'similar' students together, but haven't met others in my flat to confirm. :smile:

Final years and postgrads will not be put in the same flat as freshers and in general I think they try to keep an entire house of postgrads/final years.
Reply 32
Original post by lgibson
Guess technically I qualify then as will be 22 when I start but calling myself mature just seems wrong!

Honestly mature is not a term I would usually apply to myself either! I've just taken out my lip ring & dyed my hair back to brown from purple in an attempt to be taken seriously :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33

I found out today that it was a blanket email saying the place was confirmed & actual details are coming through the post

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by lovali
I found out today that it was a blanket email saying the place was confirmed & actual details are coming through the post

Posted from TSR Mobile

I havent heard about mature students from them yet. But they also only just shared the link to the welcome week.

I think the mature student day will be held before i can arrive, so it doesnt matter much.
Reply 35
I havent heard about mature students from them yet. But they also only just shared the link to the welcome week.

I think the mature student day will be held before i can arrive, so it doesnt matter much.

It's an undergrad thing so you won't be missing anything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will I count as mature student, I will be 21 in November :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by franditella
Will I count as mature student, I will be 21 in November :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We won't hold that against you :wink: welcome!

What are you going to be studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Im going to be 23 in october so I guess Im mature too! Im going to be studying nutrition/dietetics and i'll be living in Surrey Bourne in the Stag hill campus. Anyone doing my course/ living near me? :smile:
Reply 39
anyone interested in swapping their campus accommodation for a house rental with 3 housemates, 500£ rent per month? its at 1fairlands rd - 7 minute car/bus journey from surrey uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending