The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Anyone coming to Rowancroft?

Hi!

I've just been confirmed for a room at the Rowancroft halls. Just wondering if anyone else has had any information through or if others have applied here? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've applied there but haven't heard back, how did they contact you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Jrees97
I've applied there but haven't heard back, how did they contact you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They sent me an email and a link back to the page we applied through, the 3 choices turn into an offer, and asks for the deposit.

It was kind of nice actually - once accepted there's a little briefing/induction this to read through regarding your halls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by lledrith
They sent me an email and a link back to the page we applied through, the 3 choices turn into an offer, and asks for the deposit.

It was kind of nice actually - once accepted there's a little briefing/induction this to read through regarding your halls.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't had that email yet, I've had nothing. When did you apply?

That sounds so good, can't wait to het there. Did the IKEA shop on Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Jrees97
I haven't had that email yet, I've had nothing. When did you apply?

That sounds so good, can't wait to het there. Did the IKEA shop on Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll get it soon I expect: I had my offer a week before results day because I've come in from an access to HE diploma. :smile: I applied a short while before the initial guarantee deadline, I think mid July...

It's all very exciting! I think I have most of what I need, but very much looking forward to a change of scenery. I intend to bribe everyone with baked goods during freshers week. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
You'll get it soon I expect: I had my offer a week before results day because I've come in from an access to HE diploma. :smile: I applied a short while before the initial guarantee deadline, I think mid July...

It's all very exciting! I think I have most of what I need, but very much looking forward to a change of scenery. I intend to bribe everyone with baked goods during freshers week. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh fair enough! I applied in April. Yeah, I can't wait to go down there, what course you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Jrees97
Oh fair enough! I applied in April. Yeah, I can't wait to go down there, what course you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I see. :smile: all I remember is applying when the email arrived, beyond that I'm clueless it seems!

I'm doing medical imaging, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Ah, I see. :smile: all I remember is applying when the email arrived, beyond that I'm clueless it seems!

I'm doing medical imaging, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I got a confirmation email to say they got my application, rowancroft is my first choice so I hope I get it.

I'm doing Physics with Astrophysics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Jrees97
Yeah, I got a confirmation email to say they got my application, rowancroft is my first choice so I hope I get it.

I'm doing Physics with Astrophysics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds awesome!!

Hopefully they'll get back to you soon, very much looking forward to settling in and meeting everyone. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Ive had an offer for Radford house in rowancroft. Im annoyed because it wasnt any of the 3 id applied for and i really wanted to be on campus.

Just curious, how old is everyone here?

And im doing theology and religion.
Reply 10
Oooooo cool!

Yeah i'm gonna have a look at the older threads and see what people have said. I'm grateful that I do have accomodation, I just really wanted that campus community. I have been put on a waiting list in case any rooms con campus become free (not very hopeful though).

I'm mostly annoyed because I don't see any point in why we have to choose 3 preferred halls to be told that not one of them has a place for me, especially since I made sure I applied the very first day applications opened. It should be first come first served imo.

Ah thats not old, i'm 21 so also a mature student. I wonder if non mature get preference for on campus accommodation...
Original post by DPOJ
Ive had an offer for Radford house in rowancroft. Im annoyed because it wasnt any of the 3 id applied for and i really wanted to be on campus.

Just curious, how old is everyone here?

And im doing theology and religion.

I'm at Radford House too!

Looking through old threads it seems as though quite a few students hoping to be based in the Streatham campus end up over here instead. You have my sympathies; it sort of defeats some of the convenience of halls, but from what I understand the walk shouldn't be much more then 30 minutes.

I'm a mature student, slight oldie at 27.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is mad as Im going to exeter for medicine so I would have all my lectures etc at st lukes but i am yet to be offer any accommodation so I could potentially miss out on rowan croft! Would defo be willing to swap if I end up elsewhere, not sure why they would put streatham based people who hadn't applied there instead of people who put it first choice?!
Reply 12
Original post by Dr. Django
This is mad as Im going to exeter for medicine so I would have all my lectures etc at st lukes but i am yet to be offer any accommodation so I could potentially miss out on rowan croft! Would defo be willing to swap if I end up elsewhere, not sure why they would put streatham based people who hadn't applied there instead of people who put it first choice?!

I would definitely be willing to swap if you get an en suite at streatham campus. Are you allowed to do that?

It does seem really silly tbh. I don't understand how that even works out. Makes no sense at all.
Reply 13
Original post by DPOJ
Oooooo cool!

Yeah i'm gonna have a look at the older threads and see what people have said. I'm grateful that I do have accomodation, I just really wanted that campus community. I have been put on a waiting list in case any rooms con campus become free (not very hopeful though).

I'm mostly annoyed because I don't see any point in why we have to choose 3 preferred halls to be told that not one of them has a place for me, especially since I made sure I applied the very first day applications opened. It should be first come first served imo.

Ah thats not old, i'm 21 so also a mature student. I wonder if non mature get preference for on campus accommodation...

Yeah, I don't fully understand the procedure of picking 3 only to have none... I was under the impression that the Streatham campus was heaving with accommodation, so quite confusing.

Best of luck to you, just in case something does come up a bit nearer.
Reply 14

Well, if it's your first choice and it's only seemingly being used as spare, hopefully this means you'll be joining us! Best of luck and I hope they let you know as soon as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, if it's your first choice and it's only seemingly being used as spare, hopefully this means you'll be joining us! Best of luck and I hope they let you know as soon as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope so, it would be perfect for me :smile:
Original post by DPOJ
I would definitely be willing to swap if you get an en suite at streatham campus. Are you allowed to do that?

It does seem really silly tbh. I don't understand how that even works out. Makes no sense at all.

I'll keep you posted, it might just be that they can't process everything at once and the offers trickle out? I know that some people usually end up at rowan croft even tho they are based at streatham because of oversubscription…but I've never heard of it the other way round! Heres hoping it doesn't turn out that way :tongue:
Reply 16
I really hope so, it would be perfect for me :smile:

I'll keep you posted, it might just be that they can't process everything at once and the offers trickle out? I know that some people usually end up at rowan croft even tho they are based at streatham because of oversubscription…but I've never heard of it the other way round! Heres hoping it doesn't turn out that way :tongue:

I think most of my anger is because it was just a shock, I had my heart set on one of the 3 I applied for and to see one I hadn't even really heard of was just like, w t f!

But i've been reading threads and looking at pictures of Rowancroft and it does look rather nice, so i'm starting to warm up to it. I'd still prefer somewhere closer, but fingers crossed! :smile: And hopefully you get Rowancroft too!
I'm at Rowancroft - Davies House! Studying medicine :smile:
Reply 18
Anyone know their block and room etc? Im 8 Radford Da304
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by DPOJ
Anyone know their block and room etc? Im 8 Radford Da304

I'm in Da301. Surely this is the same flat? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending