The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Will it be exhausting? Sports is so far away from the Uni.

I am going to be studying at Kings in September but I am getting frustrated by the fact that I have to commute because it is far to expensive to live in central London.
I live about an hour/ hour 10 mins away from the university.
I was looking to join a few sports teams but they are so far away from central London. The football club is in New Malden, the riding club is in Enfield trent parks and the tennis is in Camberwell.
If I was to be joining clubs & have fixtures, it will take me 2+ hours to get home, and then the same thing the next day.
I know I am ultimately going to study but I really wanted to join some sports teams because I'm not really into partying or drinking, and now I am really put of by this.
Reply 1
Original post by lizmoo0721
I am going to be studying at Kings in September but I am getting frustrated by the fact that I have to commute because it is far to expensive to live in central London.
I live about an hour/ hour 10 mins away from the university.
I was looking to join a few sports teams but they are so far away from central London. The football club is in New Malden, the riding club is in Enfield trent parks and the tennis is in Camberwell.
If I was to be joining clubs & have fixtures, it will take me 2+ hours to get home, and then the same thing the next day.
I know I am ultimately going to study but I really wanted to join some sports teams because I'm not really into partying or drinking, and now I am really put of by this.

Hey! Im basically in the same position, not really into heavy drinking and finding my way home at 5am. With the transport links in London, I dont think travelling to the sports clubs will be too bad, and its worth it, rather than sitting at home doing nothing. On the plus side we could use the journey time to study a bit, so its not all bad. Hope youre not too disheartened. :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest