The Student Room Group

EE interview! 2015

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi! Okay I'm so sorry for the delay but actually been meaning to write about the interview process since I had my own interview with EE. Hopefully this can give a proper insight to the process for people that have read other people's experiences and still don't quite understand the process.

Okay, so first off you apply online and you will get an email informing you if you've passed through to the next stage. The email will tell you to go online and to progress on to the typical online questionnaire assessment thingy. Nothing scary, just answer as honestly as you can! Remember, there are going to be thousands of people applying, be yourself and you'll stand out in the recruitment process.

Next, granted you pass the former stage of the process, comes the telephone interview. I'll say it took about 2/3 weeks after the online assent and to be honest, I completely forgotten about it. Now, I never got an email telling me they was going to call on such a day or such a time; they just did. It was an 07+ number too, so be weary of ignoring unknown phone calls. The phone interview consisted of the usual questions: 'why EE?' 'what do you know about the company?' Etc. The lady that interviewed me sounded very dry, uninterested and sounded as if she was reading from a script or something. She explained that I should hear back from them by phone if I passed to the next stage and by email if I haven't. She called me the next day to say I've passed to the next stage and gave me a time and day for the face to face interview.

A day before the interview a recived a call from the same woman who gave me the telephone interview, confirming my attendance for the interview the following day. Because I was reading around online, I had thought that I had to prepare a presentation on like a food pill, a trip to Mars and a virtual pet? Well anyway, she explained to me how that style of the interview has changed and they no longer do that side of things now. Later on in the day I got yet another call but this time from the regional manager to confirm my attendance at the interview also. Strange, I know.

The day of the interview came and it was at a fancy hotel, well away from the store I was applying for. there was four of us there, only two applying for the same spot at the same store. I wouldn't even call it a group interview as we all got split up. Before we split up, the regional manager called us to the concerance room where 6 current employees where. Two of them were in uniform and the rest were dressed very casually. Here, the RM went through the policies of the company, pay, benefits, commission and what it's like to work there from the different employees POV.

After this we went through stage 1 of the face to face interview. It had a name but I seriously can't remember it. Basically, I was lead into an off room with two employees and it was just a role play challenge where I had to deal with angry customers, confused customers and just general trying to sell to customers. We had 3 minutes to prepare for each different scenario, where the employees/actors left the room to give me time to gather my thoughts. I'll rate this portion of the interview maybe a 6 or 6/10. It was fairly easy but really intimidating. After doing this, the two employees left and another two walked in and we began stage 2: Detective Time. Here we had a new person that was interested in becoming a EE member and we was given a sheet of phones that we had to find was right for them. We had 10 minutes to go over the sheet and make note of all the things you wanted to ask them. The actor then came in the room and we had to ask a ton of questions (that you prepared in the 10 minutes) to ask the customer to find the perfect phone for them. Here we were given 10 minutes to ask the questions and become "friends" with the customer. They then left and you had 5 minutes to find the perfect phone, whilst trying to hit the target that you was given. You also had to try to include items such as phones for his/her children or partners or insurance or stuff like cases and selfie sticks. I rate this part a 8/10.

After that, they left and the final part of the interview came and two new employees walked in. The manger of somewhere for 14+ years walked straight in and said "don't worry. The hard part is over. This is the fun part". This part was so chill and we actually joked and laughed in this section. It consisted of the regular interview questions and they were actually very interested in yourself and your life. They told us their stories about how they came about working for EE and why they loved it. The two guys were so lovely and was the only part of the whole entire process where I honestly felt calm and relaxed. At the end they asked if I had any questions and after that they took my ID to make photocopies and told me they'll be in touch in a week. Overall I'll rate this whole process about 7/10.

Sorry for the novel guys! Hope I helped anyone whose currently going through this process too!
Reply 2
I'm not sure where to put this comment (I'm sorry, I'm new to TSR)...

I had a full interview last week with EE (everything everywhere). This involved almost four hours of interviews with different people. I thought I had done alright but couldn't be sure I would be offered a job.

When I got home, they emailed me to say "Thanks for applying for our Customer Service Representative vacancy. Unfortunately, you didn't attend the interview you'd booked online, so we've withdrawn your application. If you'd like to talk about this, drop an email to me at [email protected] and we'll give you a call" !

Obviously this was a mistake on their behalf I thought. So I emailed her back to say I did attend and for further information. Unfortunately she hasn't replied and there's no way of contacting the company!

Shurely shome misstake...?
Hi guys can someone help me please I applied for a role I done all the assessments and questions they have not got back to me is this normal been 3 weeks already haven't heard if I passed or failed the assessment I emailed them no one has got back to me what shall I do ???
Reply 4
Got rejected after phone interview. Thought I did I was confident and answering all questions but idk. Any advice for next time?
Reply 5
Hi I know this years back, but do u have any advice for the phone interview. I just got an email today saying I failed but I really love EE, and want to work here. So if in the future I get another opportunity I want to be prepared. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending