Reply 20
Original post by Aisling94
I'm starting adult nursing in February too :biggrin:

Congrats :biggrin:
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
Reply 21
Hey gemma 😄 and yeah I've sorted that and student finance, just fretting about accommodation now. Have you sorted all of the finance stuff? X
Reply 22
Original post by Aisling94
I'm starting adult nursing in February too :biggrin:

Great 😁😀
Are to moving or commuting? X
Reply 23
Original post by Jess.2244
Hey gemma 😄 and yeah I've sorted that and student finance, just fretting about accommodation now. Have you sorted all of the finance stuff? X

Your so organised! I've sent my NHS one off and they've scanned it in so I'm waiting on them. Are you going to be working part time when we're there? X
Reply 24
Original post by gmg91
Your so organised! I've sent my NHS one off and they've scanned it in so I'm waiting on them. Are you going to be working part time when we're there? X

I'm hoping to put off working until I'm settled, but yeah I prob will, how about you? X
Reply 25
Hi yall, here's another student starting in February! :h:
Reply 26
Original post by OsasNG
Hi yall, here's another student starting in February! :h:

Hey! Yay another, you looking forward to it?
Reply 27
Hi Jess,

I have been invited for the selection day mid November for adult nursing. This is for February 2016.

I am abit nervous as I do t know what to expect with regards to the interview. Are you able to share your experience on how the interview was.

Thanks
Reply 28
Original post by kalulu
Hi Jess,

I have been invited for the selection day mid November for adult nursing. This is for February 2016.

I am abit nervous as I do t know what to expect with regards to the interview. Are you able to share your experience on how the interview was.

Thanks

Hey! Well done for getting on the selection day, so basically you go though all the handing in documentation and then you'll have a math and English test. It was pretty easy, they have a help sheet on the maths one so don't get too worked up about it.
For my interview we had a group one and single. The group one we just had to talk about a subject, it was a bit tricky but if you try and put as input as possible it's easy. And then the single one we had to bring in a article and we got asked what we thought about it, why we chose it ect. Then they just asked the normal questions: why do you want to do this course, what makes you a good candidate ect. Overall I found the day to be alright, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Hope this helps and good luck :smile: p
Reply 29
Anyone else get the accommodation email today?
Really unsure what to go for... x
Reply 30
Anyone else get the accommodation email today?
Really unsure what to go for... x

Hey Jess :smile: i did. Ive put halls down but now im worried about being the only one 😊have you decided yet? X
Reply 31
Original post by gmg91
Hey Jess :smile: i did. Ive put halls down but now im worried about being the only one 😊have you decided yet? X

I was gunna put halls but I don't know because of the distance :/ x
Reply 32
I was gunna put halls but I don't know because of the distance :/ x

I read on the website that it takes about 25mins and there is a free bus from high wycomb to uxbridge... if thats any help lol. Ahh i just want to go now! X
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by gmg91
I read on the website that it takes about 25mins and there is a free bus from high wycomb to uxbridge... if thats any help lol. Ahh i just want to go now! X

Yeah I read that too, I might go for it then. Which place are you going for? X
i think im going for the hughenden park..
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 34
Yeah I read that too, I might go for it then. Which place are you going for? X
i think im going for the hughenden park..

Brook street or hughenden park depending on how much money im allowed :smile: i dont really want to share a toilet though! Do you know how long we're allowed to stay in them? How old are you btw if you dont mind me being nosey? Im 24 lol x
Reply 35
Original post by gmg91
Brook street or hughenden park depending on how much money im allowed :smile: i dont really want to share a toilet though! Do you know how long we're allowed to stay in them? How old are you btw if you dont mind me being nosey? Im 24 lol x

I didn't want to share a toilet that's why I said that one aha and the one I want is 42 weeks so about the first year? And I'm 20 :smile: x
Hey guys I'm also starting in feb 2016. Got an email yesterday in regards to accommodation. Not sure what to go for did state on the email something about staying with other student nurses what you guys going for ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by kadija_begum
Hey guys I'm also starting in feb 2016. Got an email yesterday in regards to accommodation. Not sure what to go for did state on the email something about staying with other student nurses what you guys going for ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought hard about it, I wanted to stay in Uxbridge because of how close it was an being with other nurses but I've also been told it's more expensive. Even though halls is a bit away there are free buses and your with a more varied group of people. I just thought that was the best option :smile:
Hey guys :smile: just changed from September to February! Ee, so excited!! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending