The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Romeo + Juliet.

Both soundtracks are quality but my favourite song has to be 'Balcony Scene' by Craig Armstrong. Really beautiful and if anyone remembers was used in BBC's 'The Greatest Artists in Europe' adverts for Euro 2004.
gooniesneversaydie
Romeo + Juliet.

Both soundtracks are quality but my favourite song has to be 'Balcony Scene' by Craig Armstrong. Really beautiful and if anyone remembers was used in BBC's 'The Greatest Artists in Europe' adverts for Euro 2004.
I only own the soundtrack with the songs, and I LOVE Talk Show Host by Radiohead!:biggrin:
Reply 22
Lord of the Rings
The Pianist
Amelie
Pride and Prejudice
Disney films always have good scores too

And guilty pleasure...Titanic :redface:
*Joanna*
And guilty pleasure...Titanic :redface:

Hehe, one of my secret guilty pleasures too. :p:
Reply 24
The Godfather
Gladiator
Top Gun
Rocky 2
The Graduate
Saturday Night Fever
Reply 25
Braveheart
Brokeback Mountain
Harry Potter
Also love the theme from Cinderella Man.

James Horner and Thomas Newman are amazing.

Pocahontas is my all-time favourite. Such beautiful music!!
Lou_
Braveheart
Brokeback Mountain
Harry Potter

Wonderful choices. :smile: "The Wings" makes me cry. :frown: So beautiful!
gooniesneversaydie
Romeo + Juliet.

I remember that, its a beautiful piece of music
Reply 28
Epitomessence
Wonderful choices. :smile: "The Wings" makes me cry. :frown: So beautiful!

I know, it's so moving.
Some of the pieces sound quite similar to each other on the soundtrack don't you think?
Lou_
I know, it's so moving.
Some of the pieces sound quite similar to each other on the soundtrack don't you think?
Yeah, a little. But it's all gorgeous.

Have you heard the track "Iguazu"? It's used in Babel and various other films, and it's from the same composer. I adore it. :smile:
Once upon a time in the west
once upon a tiem in america
good bad ugly

all ennio morricone
Reply 31
Epitomessence
Yeah, a little. But it's all gorgeous.

Have you heard the track "Iguazu"? It's used in Babel and various other films, and it's from the same composer. I adore it. :smile:

I know.. I think the music really enhances the film.

Nope but I might just have to check it out lol!
Is it as good as the music in BBM?
Lou_
Braveheart
Brokeback Mountain
Harry Potter

:eek: I forgot Pocahontas!! The music is so inspiring - well the lyrics, but the music adds to it:smile: I love "just around the river bend" especially at the beginning: "What I love most about rivers is, you can't steo in the same river twice; the water's always changing, always flowing". Ooh - I want to watch it now!
Titanic :p:
For Original Scores:
Requiem for a Dream (#1 by far)
Gladiator
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

For Soundtracks:
Cruel Intentions (#1 by far)
The Matrix
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Reply 35
For Original Scores
American Beauty
Notes On A Scandal
Bullitt
300(only heard a few tracks but they sound amazing)

Soundtrack
The Matrix Trilogy
Batman Forever
How High
Godzilla
Without meaning to sound stupid, what's the difference between a soundtrack and an original score?
Reply 37
a score is more classical

soundtracks are artists who right songs for films for example chad krueger and nickleback- hero, jamiroquai- deeper underground.
Reply 38
Milie B
a score is more classical

Sorry to be a nit-picker, but not necessarily. It is simply music which has been composed specifically for the film; the style of which can range from - of course - classical even to rock music! The Matrix (the original, not the sequels) has plenty of music that is part of it's score that wouldn't be classified as classical music. Fight Club is another good example.

And, just to add; I'd like to put The Departed's score onto my list of favourites...been listening to it for the last few days, and it's brilliant!
Reply 39
kitty_koo
Gladiator
Pride and Prejudice
Edward Scissorhands
Pirates of the Caribbean
A Beautiful Mind

What about the N&S one? - that was beautiful! Although it wasn't a film. Love the sig btw! x

Latest