The Student Room Group

Revision tops to get 10 A*s in GCSE

I need some help. For my year 10 mocks I got 4A*s, 5As,1B and 1C. I recently started revising cause obvs I'm starting school soon:sigh:.However, although I've was revising throughout year 10,I've realized how much I actually have to do.
Reply 1
Original post by Wordsaredeadly
I need some help. For my year 10 mocks I got 4A*s, 5As,1B and 1C. I recently started revising cause obvs I'm starting school soon:sigh:.However, although I've was revising throughout year 10,I've realized how much I actually have to do.

I hope you find the following revision/study tips useful. :smile:
- Be persistent.
- Be organised and neat with work so you can easily review it later when you need it.
- If you're struggling, ask the teacher (or friends ) or do some research by yourself on the internet to help you understand. Things like YouTube, BBC Bitesize et cetera...
- Be creative with notes, don't just write them out, hightlight important things to remember and keywords.
- Don't just copy from a textbook, you won't understand. Instead read the textbook then when you're making the notes try to put it into your own words, simplify it so it can be easier to comprehend.
- Get LOTS of sleep (more sleep = happier you and happier you = nailing exams ).
- Also on that note, read your notes/textbook/work before you go to bed because it will be easier to remember.
- Find out your learning style. You could be an audio learner, visual, kinesthetic...
- IMPORTANT: Plan ahead, if your going to do 2 hours of studying tomorrow make sure you do that, if you only manage to do 1 hour don't let that discourage you. You can always make up for it the next day, maybe the next day your planning to do 2 hours but since you missed out on 1 hour that day you add it on to make 3 hours. Just have that mindset and it will get you through it.
- Don't stress, more you do the more likely you are going to freak out mid-test and possibly fail.

Credit to @MrMackyTv
those are great results for your mocks and it sounds like you will do brilliantly in your GCSEs! I found the most important thing was to stay motivated - thinking about my end results kept me focused and determined. :smile: When you're doing your notes it is a lot easier to absorb the information by keeping separate topics divided, using colour and keeping them simple and informative.

Don't get too stressed - I did no where near as well as you in my mocks and crammed all my revision for a subject in two days before the exam and managed to achieve all A*s and As. Good luck in your exams!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending