The Student Room Group

Does anyone want any help or advice for their GCSE's?

Hi, I'm a current year 12. I completed my GCSE exams in June last year. If you want any help in the following subjects let me know! (I'll include the Grade I got)

Art (8)
French (8)
Geography (8)
Biology (7)
English Language (7)

I'm willing to help any year group! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by KatieMcF
Hi, I'm a current year 12. I completed my GCSE exams in June last year. If you want any help in the following subjects let me know! (I'll include the Grade I got)

Art (8)
French (8)
Geography (8)
Biology (7)
English Language (7)

hii im in year 11 i was just owndering how did you revise french gcse because ill be honest i havent done much because i keep pushing it off lol
Reply 2
Hi!

So for the reading/listening exam I did lots of past papers! For speaking its important that you revise what you're going to say and your pronunciations. Its also important to practise questions for the photocard/roleplay element. And for the writing exam its important that you have revised some complex structures/phrases e.g au lieu de (in order to) which you could apply to any questions given!

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions :smile:
Original post by misa!!
hii im in year 11 i was just owndering how did you revise french gcse because ill be honest i havent done much because i keep pushing it off lol
Reply 3

Art (8)
French (8)
Geography (8)
Biology (7)
English Language (7)

Hey, your grades look great! I am very stressed right now since I did bad in last month's mocks. I got a 5 in bio, 6 in geography and 5 in english language. Is there any advice you could give me for these?
Reply 4
hey! your grades are already really good!
don't stress too much, there's always time to improve. I struggled a lot in biology in year 10 and was getting U's and 3's all year until I found the right techniques and really pushed myself. My teachers didn't believe I could do the higher paper but I used all that negativity to channel all my frustration into doing really well. I got 8's all year in year 11 and although I didn't exactly get that in my real exam it was still a huge improvement from year 10. Now I do It A-level!

For biology my top 2 tips would be using flashcards as its basically all memory for biology! after doing that do lots of exam questions to consolidate your knowledge and check where your weak areas are.

For geography it's really important to know your case studies, for these Id use mind maps to revise. Then use flashcards for all the other things you need to know and then do exam questions!

For English id say make sure you know what each question is about and what its asking you for. I'd watch some YouTube videos to help you with this, I recommend Mr Bruff! and again do some exam questions and you could even ask your teacher to mark it!

I hope this helps, feel free to ask me any questions! :smile:

Original post by qas1232
Hey, your grades look great! I am very stressed right now since I did bad in last month's mocks. I got a 5 in bio, 6 in geography and 5 in english language. Is there any advice you could give me for these?

Art (8)
French (8)
Geography (8)
Biology (7)
English Language (7)

I'm in Y9 and we've started some GCSE maths stuff and my teacher can't explain for her life.

Can you explain this type of question please? I'll try and describe it.

There was a circle, with a triangle partly in the top left part of the circle. The hypotenuse of the triangle (outside of the circle) was 16cm. The base of the triangle (partly in and partly out of the circle) was 10cm. The area of the circle was 36Pi. We had to find the area of the part of the triangle outside the circle. I got the radius as 6cm and to splitting the triangle in 2 then using Pythagorus. However, I didn't get the rest. I can try and find a question similar to it or draw it out if you need that.

Thank you!
Reply 6
I got a 9 in bio and 8 in geog, but for english lang I recently got a 5 in mocks and I'm targeted a 7, and I really struggle with revision for english lang. How do you suggest I revise lang and lit in the next few weeks? Thank you!!
Reply 7
hey!

well done on all your results!
For English lang: watch some YouTube videos of how to structure each question (mr bruff is rlly good) and then complete past papers!
For English lit: make sure you're revising context for each text. I also recommend making flashcard with a quote on one side and then all your analysis on the other. and make sure to complete some past papers!

hope this helps!
Original post by rysua
I got a 9 in bio and 8 in geog, but for english lang I recently got a 5 in mocks and I'm targeted a 7, and I really struggle with revision for english lang. How do you suggest I revise lang and lit in the next few weeks? Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest