The Student Room Group

What do girls normally wear during freshers?

So I've heard varying experiences about this; at some unis the girls get super dressed up (stilettos, dresses) whereas in other places it's more casual (shorts/jeans, nice top).

How did you dress during freshers and what uni did you go to? Does anyone even care about this? I wouldn't want to be the person that's overdressed or underdressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Just dress in your most comfortable outfit
I don't remember them wearing much.
Bedsheets held together with a safety pin, mainly.
Reply 4
No one cares. Dress how you normally would.

You might get funny looks turning up to freshers fair in heels and a dress that barely covers your arse, as it's usually in the morning/afternoon and everyone is hung-over and has just rolled out of bed to see if they can scrounge any pizza.

Similarly if you go to a super-club with a bunch of girls who like to go clubbing dressed in baggy jeans and a stained hoodie you might get a few raised eyebrows as they'll be expecting someone to dress up.

In reality, no one really cares and it's the same as any other time at Uni. Going out = whatever you'd wear to go out. Wandering around campus = whatever you'd wear for wandering around campus (some girls might wear pajamas, other's might spend 2 hours getting ready every day for lectures)
Reply 5
Yeah it's just for nights out clubbing someone told me that at their uni (Manchester) most of the girls just went out wearing shorts, t-shirt/crop top and flats which I found surprising because I'd always assumed you'd have to dress up a bit like on a normal night out. I normally wear some sort of heel and either a dress or skirt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Wtf ? You just wear normal clothes.
Reply 7
Wear whatever makes you feel fabulous!
Original post by goodwinning
So I've heard varying experiences about this; at some unis the girls get super dressed up (stilettos, dresses) whereas in other places it's more casual (shorts/jeans, nice top).

How did you dress during freshers and what uni did you go to? Does anyone even care about this? I wouldn't want to be the person that's overdressed or underdressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends entirely on which club you're going to...
I don't know about other unis but at mine there are two types. The dirt-cheap ones you can wear literally anything you want - in fact I think they let naked people in - but everyone wears old shoes or wellies because the floor is so dirty and slushy.
That might just be my uni though.
Other clubs you have to put in more effort, but not that much. You don't have to wear heels anywhere tbh - except if you're studying in London I guess.
Some nice feminine Jeans and smart trainers.
Reply 10
clothes?
(edited 8 years ago)
I just wore trainers and shorts. Anything goes, then again I live in Salford so..
There was a themed fancy dress night on campus every night at my uni, so we did that. Clubbing isn't really a thing in my uni town haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by ldsbabe
I just wore trainers and shorts. Anything goes, then again I live in Salford so..

do u go salford uni ? whats it like?
Reply 14
Depends on the person. I'd say there was a mixture of casual-dressing girls and dressy girls. I went casual and wore some dress boots to make it look like I was making an effort
Something that is easily detachable I assume. :smile:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Something that is easily detachable I assume. :smile:

Great thinking.
Reply 17
I have a fair amount of clubby clothing so I'll be wearing that when I go to actual clubs during freshers week. Other than that, probs will wear my combat boots, pants and those corny freshers t-shirts.
Reply 18
' googled freshers clothes:

Reply 19
Original post by Josb
' googled freshers clothes:

LOL definitely won't be wearing that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending