The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How many calories are you eating a day? Half a stone is way more than you should lose in a week, that seems very unsustainable
Reply 2
Original post by Flather
How many calories are you eating a day? Half a stone is way more than you should lose in a week, that seems very unsustainable

the cambridge diet plan is a very low calorie diet, i have 3 shakes a day and 3 litres in water, my body is in ketosis mode - this is when your body uses your fat reserves as energy, hence why i'm losing weight quickly.
This rate of weight loss is unsustainable and not to mention dangerous. I urge you to stop immediately. Nobody should eat less than 1000 calories per day unless really really short.

If you want to lose weight, losing a 1-2lb a week is the NHS recommendation. For good reason.
Reply 4
Original post by Angry cucumber
This rate of weight loss is unsustainable and not to mention dangerous. I urge you to stop immediately. Nobody should eat less than 1000 calories per day unless really really short.

If you want to lose weight, losing a 1-2lb a week is the NHS recommendation. For good reason.

yes i'm aware of that, my doctor knows and i have my own consultant, here is their website.. i'm not making this up

Link removed as it's not safe nor does TSR condone such companies - AC
(edited 8 years ago)
Or you could just learn to eat properly so you can lose weight and then maintain your weight normally and safely for the rest of your life, not crash diet and gain it all back because you learnt nothing.

...But hey that's just me.
Reply 6
Original post by SophieSmall
Or you could just learn to eat properly so you can lose weight and then maintain your weight normally and safely for the rest of your life, not crash diet and gain it all back because you learnt nothing.

...But hey that's just me.

actually i've learnt alot this past week.. i'm looking for other people who may be doing this diet. i don't need your advice. thanks.
Original post by samina_ay
yes i'm aware of that, my doctor knows and i have my own consultant, here is their website.. i'm not making this up http://www.cambridgeweightplan.com/

I imagine you didn't tell your GP that you're planning to lose half a stone a week somehow.

You have your own consultant? A quick flick through that website shows it not be a doctor, basically it's a sales rep who keeps you on the diet. That company is openly abusing the term Cambridge and consultant as it denotes trust and educated people, which is in direct contrast to their 440 calorie a day diet.

Again - please for the sake of your money and your health - stop
actually i've learnt alot this past week.. i'm looking for other people who may be doing this diet. i don't need your advice. thanks.

Yes, you've learnt how easily you can be manipulated by companies and "consultants" to lap up whatever quick fix they offer. This is a very common trend, and you're not exactly unique for falling for it. People are constantly handing over money for quick fixes that do not last.

I don't care if you need my advice. I'm saying what is blatantly clear to anyone with half a brain, or who can actually comprehend working hard, learning proper nutrition and what they as an individual should be eating to lose, maintain or gain weight and persevering to achieve goals in a sustainable manner.

Good luck when you gain the weight back, you'll be spending a lot more money on things like this in the future. I guarantee it.
Reply 9
Original post by SophieSmall
Yes, you've learnt how easily you can be manipulated by companies and "consultants" to lap up whatever quick fix they offer. This is a very common trend, and you're not exactly unique for falling for it. People are constantly handing over money for quick fixes that do not last.

I don't care if you need my advice. I'm saying what is blatantly clear to anyone with half a brain, or who can actually comprehend working hard, learning proper nutrition and what they as an individual should be eating to lose, maintain or gain weight and persevering to achieve goals in a sustainable manner.

Good luck when you gain the weight back, you'll be spending a lot more money on things like this in the future. I guarantee it.

i've struggled with weight problems all of my life, so a little fix might just boost my self confidence and self esteem.
i've struggled with weight problems all of my life, so a little fix might just boost my self confidence and self esteem.

But what happens when you stop paying for the prescription and you no longer have the "consultant" (who is in no way qualified) to help you? And you have to face eating without guidance. Although to be honest the guidance you have now is awful.

On that low calories there is no way on this earth you are getting the correct micro and macro nutrients. Which yes are important, though I know you'll just shrug this off. You may feel fine now but down the road this can lead to serious health problems.

And this "consultant" definitely isn't teaching you how to eat properly and sustainably for once you finish your course with them. Because for one that would contradict the nonsense they're putting you through right now. And secondly it's better for them if you keep coming back as they will gain more money.

Please, use your brain...thought to be honest I wouldn't be surprised right now if you couldn't think straight on your diet.
Reply 11

I understand, honestly - I struggled with my weight for a long time, and losing a lot quickly does feel great, and starving yourself does work, for a brief period. I completely understand how depressing it is to struggle with weight, and how good it feels to lose it, at any cost, and how much of your life and self esteem can be tied up in it. However (though I can't see the link), this company does sound very irresponsible.

What is your current weight and height (if you don't mind posting it - obviously fine if you want to keep it private)? What kind of exercise do you enjoy? We're not trying to put a downer on your efforts, it's just we might be able to help. :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Lemur12
I understand, honestly - I struggled with my weight for a long time, and losing a lot quickly does feel great, and starving yourself does work, for a brief period. I completely understand how depressing it is to struggle with weight, and how good it feels to lose it, at any cost, and how much of your life and self esteem can be tied up in it. However (though I can't see the link), this company does sound very irresponsible.

What is your current weight and height (if you don't mind posting it - obviously fine if you want to keep it private)? What kind of exercise do you enjoy? We're not trying to put a downer on your efforts, it's just we might be able to help. :smile:

5ft2 i used to weigh 16 stone the beginning of the year and now i'm 13.7 stones... i havent lost this much with cambridge, at the beginning of the year i decided to eat healthy and managed to lose 1 stone and a half. i started cambridge when i was 14.5, aha thanks - but lets be honest, weight fluctuates thoughout your life anyway
the cambridge diet plan is a very low calorie diet, i have 3 shakes a day and 3 litres in water, my body is in ketosis mode - this is when your body uses your fat reserves as energy, hence why i'm losing weight quickly.

Try something managable over a long period of time, use IIFYM or intermittant fasting. That way you can get the micros you need and stop your body going catabolic. You need to workout what your maintenance calories are and then cut a couple hundred calories off of this and lose a pound or 2 a week at most.
Reply 14
I don't know if anyone else mentioned this as I skimmed through most of the replies, but you do know that as soon as you start eating over the 440 calories a day, you'll gain most of that weight back?

What is your plan long term? Have you considered how you will maintain your weight loss when you finish the plan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your diet plan is absolute garbage, and what you're doing is totally unhealthy.

Jesus Christ.
I tried cutting back on my diet to 500 calories a day by drinking this liquid which supressed appetite.

When I stopped, I ate a 5000 calorie meal because I was so hungry.

Don't do it. I beg of you.
Reply 18
Original post by BlindingLight
Your diet plan is absolute garbage, and what you're doing is totally unhealthy.

Jesus Christ.

thank you x x x
I think everyone should stop begging her to stop now. If OP is stubborn enough to ignore all the advice then let her carry on. She'll learn the hard way.

Latest