The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge or LSHTM for Population/Public Health

Hi everyone!

I got very lucky this spring and received offers for the MPhil in Population Health from Cambridge and the MSc in Public Health from LSHTM.

Both institutions are great and I know I can't go wrong, but I'm having a hard time deciding. LSHTM is appealing to me for its focus on global health and health equity. Cambridge is obviously a fantastic institution but I know less about the reputation of the Population Health program and department. They seem strong in epi and biostats but it's hard to know if the department is as strong as the uni as a whole.

For some context, I am interested in global health which seems to make LSHTM the obvious choice, but it is hard to say no to Cambridge. Planning to pursue a PhD following the masters.

Has anyone taken either course or know someone who has? Would love some insight or opinions!

Many thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by anonundecided
Hi everyone!

I got very lucky this spring and received offers for the MPhil in Population Health from Cambridge and the MSc in Public Health from LSHTM.

Both institutions are great and I know I can't go wrong, but I'm having a hard time deciding. LSHTM is appealing to me for its focus on global health and health equity. Cambridge is obviously a fantastic institution but I know less about the reputation of the Population Health program and department. They seem strong in epi and biostats but it's hard to know if the department is as strong as the uni as a whole.

For some context, I am interested in global health which seems to make LSHTM the obvious choice, but it is hard to say no to Cambridge. Planning to pursue a PhD following the masters.

Has anyone taken either course or know someone who has? Would love some insight or opinions!

Many thanks!

I'd be confused if I got offers from both too. However, if you want to easilt transit into PhD, Cambridge is the way to go
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Hi! I’m in the same position as OP atm. Can anyone dm me and provide insights into either program?
Original post by anonundecided
Hi everyone!
Many thanks!
Well, I got an offer from Cambridge as well for this same course. I would say PHS Programme appeals particularly to me because of the specialization streams. I want to go into Infectious Disease research. Another specialization theme is Global Health where you get to study health equity, health diplomacy, social determinants of health and the underlying factors that influence health systems worldwide. I plan to take my three other selected modules from the Global Health stream. It’s really great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending