The Student Room Group

My Friend Tries To Force Me To Flirt With Him

Hey guys,
Just like the title says, my friend won't stop trying to get me to flirt with him!
I'll give ya'll a bit of background information.

I recently broke up with my boyfriend, who is really good friend with my friend. My friend recently broke up with his girlfriend too, and we've both gotten closer because we've been there for eachother. However, my friend and my ex are really good friends.
Recently, my friend has persistently been trying to get me to flirt with him. Like, he just straight out asks me to do it? I feel really uncomfortable doing it because 1. I only see him as a friend. 2. I'm still in contact with my ex, who I like. 3. If my ex finds out, he'll be angry at the both of us.
But I don't want my friend to get annoyed with me for not flirting, and for us to drift apart.
What shall I do?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys,
Just like the title says, my friend won't stop trying to get me to flirt with him!

I recently broke up with my boyfriend, who is really good friend with my friend. My friend recently broke up with his girlfriend too, and we've both gotten closer because we've been there for eachother. However, my friend and my ex are really good friends.
Recently, my friend has persistently been trying to get me to flirt with him. Like, he just straight out asks me to do it? I feel really uncomfortable doing it because 1. I only see him as a friend. 2. I'm still in contact with my ex, who I like. 3. If my ex finds out, he'll be angry at the both of us.
But I don't want my friend to get annoyed with me for not flirting, and for us to drift apart.
What shall I do?

Tell him that you don't feel comfortable with it and you would like him to stop. If he's a good friend/rational, he will understand.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys,

What shall I do?

Stand your ground and dont flirt back if you feel uncomfortable with it :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Stand your ground and dont flirt back if you feel uncomfortable with it :smile:

I'm not flirting back, which just makes him more and more annoyed!
Hello Annonymous,

Your situation seems very similar to someone i know.
I think you need to be blunt with him, especially if you still like your ex and you know he won't like it.
If it annoys your friend that you aren't flirting back then maybe he's not the best friend to have because he hasn't got your best intentions at heart and is being extremely forceful, not caring about what you want. Try your best to blank the messages and move on conversation, and generally be blunt and he will get the idea that you don't want to.
Best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending