The Student Room Group

Universities "bribing" students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by IamLiquid
I thought that Leeds gave a low income bursary?

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/info/30507/university_support

Woahh Leeds bursaries are way more now! They were only about £500 back in 2011.
Original post by PQ
A) the staffs rep is actually the best official rep on TSR. They offer good advice and don't fill their posts with bull**** hard sells.

B) TSRs targeting of these PMs was terrible. I got one.

Hiya,
Just for information on (B) the PMs were sent to members reading a high amount of clearing content which consists of about 99%(ish) applicant students and then the remainder will be people responding to those students (i.e. university advisers). We did strip those people out from the contact list, but it seems a few still got through - and we recognise it's not useful for you to receive PQ, so sorry about that.
Jack
Reply 22
Original post by Captain Jack
Hiya,
Just for information on (B) the PMs were sent to members reading a high amount of clearing content which consists of about 99%(ish) applicant students and then the remainder will be people responding to those students (i.e. university advisers). We did strip those people out from the contact list, but it seems a few still got through - and we recognise it's not useful for you to receive PQ, so sorry about that.
Jack

This seems somewhat misguided in my case, since I didn't look at any clearing content since I was pretty sure that I had gotten into my insurance offer.
Reply 23
My brother received a £2k bursary from Oxford Brookes for having AAA at A-Level about 8 years ago now. By attracting top students with financial assistance, the uni was able to boost its academic reputation (and no longer has to offer such generous grants).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending