The Student Room Group

PGCE Primary Warwick university

Wondering if there are any mature students starting a PGCE in September at Warwick? I am full of nerves 🙈 and worrying about it all, it would be nice to chat with others 😀.
Reply 1
Original post by Zpur
Wondering if there are any mature students starting a PGCE in September at Warwick? I am full of nerves 🙈 and worrying about it all, it would be nice to chat with others 😀.

Not at Warwick, but I’m also a mature student due to start a PGCE in September. I’m terrified 😂
Reply 2
Original post by Arno11
Not at Warwick, but I’m also a mature student due to start a PGCE in September. I’m terrified 😂

Glad it’s not just be then😂. Are you doing uni led? I keep thinking am I completely crazy doing this now ? 🙈
Reply 3
Original post by Zpur
Glad it’s not just be then😂. Are you doing uni led? I keep thinking am I completely crazy doing this now ? 🙈

Yep! And you’re not alone - I keep worrying that I won’t be able to cope with a PGCE. I’ve worked as a TA for years and am terrified I won’t be able to handle the transition. But I am a natural worrier anyway so that tracks 😂 Is there anything particular that’s causing you doubts?
Reply 4
Same really, I’ve been a TA for years too. I think it’s just the unknown, but I’m sure it will be fine in the end 🤞.
Hiya! I'm a mature student starting the PGCE Primary at Warwick in September 2023 too
Reply 6
Original post by nomadabroad
Hiya! I'm a mature student starting the PGCE Primary at Warwick in September 2023 too

Hi👋🏻
How you feeling about it?
Reply 7
Original post by Zpur
Hi👋🏻
How you feeling about it?

feeling a lot of emotions but ready to get started! how about yourself?
Reply 8
Yes, same, not too long now 😬😂. Are you a TA ? I think I’ll start doing a bit of academic reading again soon, to try and get myself in the mindset . I’ve been lazy after finishing my degree last year 🙈. QUOTE=nomadabroad;98479523]feeling a lot of emotions but ready to get started! how about yourself?
Reply 9
Original post by Zpur
Yes, same, not too long now 😬😂. Are you a TA ? I think I’ll start doing a bit of academic reading again soon, to try and get myself in the mindset . I’ve been lazy after finishing my degree last year 🙈. QUOTE=nomadabroad;98479523]feeling a lot of emotions but ready to get started! how about yourself?

I have been doing some general reading and watching some videos - feeling a little information overload. I'm a part time TA. I'm mainly worried about juggling all with family commitments. I know it will be hard but that it is also possible! Not long to go now.. Will def make the most of this summer holidays!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending