The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Churchill College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

sasjegbruv123
i have same times as you XD, after interview we need some mega revision session lol

Yours is on the 7th tho isn't it mate?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
oh yer lol my bad
sasjegbruv123
oh yer lol my bad

Shame, I'd have been well up for 7 hrs revision haha!!!
Mitch92uK
Shame, I'd have been well up for 7 hrs revision haha!!!

lool, trust me that's all im gonna be doing on 7th December =P

btw, did you do question 1?? i got some reeealy long answer...
sasjegbruv123

I haven't done question 1 mate ... might attempt it tomorrow
Reply 185
sasjegbruv123

Question 1 is integration by parts, I haven't learnt that yet. Did anyone do question 4?

I'm thinking of just getting drunk after my interview to take my mind off the exam later on. They could've made them sooner!!
Question 1 has blown my mind a bit .. how did you start jeg?

@wma, I had no idea where to start with question 4 lol
wmalouf
Question 1 is integration by parts, I haven't learnt that yet. Did anyone do question 4?

I'm thinking of just getting drunk after my interview to take my mind off the exam later on. They could've made them sooner!!

u mad man!! i saw question 4 and just moved on lol
Mitch92uK
Question 1 has blown my mind a bit .. how did you start jeg?

@wma, I had no idea where to start with question 4 lol

well u will know how to do this if u are doing c4 at the moment... basically we want to change sin^2 x to something with no powers. so subsitute sin^2 x = 1/2 - 1/2 cos2x (from trig id cos^2 x - Sin^2 x = Cos2x)

then u have integral 1/2 x^2 - integral(1/2 x^2 cos2x)

then integrate both of these. Do the second integral by using integration by parts (u'v = uv - integral(uv')). final answer should be something ridiculously long lol
sasjegbruv123
well u will know how to do this if u are doing c4 at the moment... basically we want to change sin^2 x to something with no powers. so subsitute sin^2 x = 1/2 - 1/2 cos2x (from trig id cos^2 x - Sin^2 x = Cos2x)

then u have integral 1/2 x^2 - integral(1/2 x^2 cos2x)

then integrate both of these. Do the second integral by using integration by parts (u'v = uv - integral(uv')). final answer should be something ridiculously long lol

Cheers for that mate but I'm still C3ing atm, kudos for going through it though. I did wonder why I kept getting ridiculous answers which I had to integrate/differentiate (I did attempt by parts but obv due to not knowing the C4 stuff I didn't know where to go from there).
Mitch92uK
Cheers for that mate but I'm still C3ing atm, kudos for going through it though. I did wonder why I kept getting ridiculous answers which I had to integrate/differentiate (I did attempt by parts but obv due to not knowing the C4 stuff I didn't know where to go from there).

kk, how many questions would they expect us to do do u reckon??
sasjegbruv123
kk, how many questions would they expect us to do do u reckon??

Bearing in mind ours will be AS/GCSE stuff, and that when I emailed the college they stated the test was marked on an individual basis ie. on what modules we'd done I presume we'd be expeced to answer more than we could in the trinity exam.
Reply 192
I just studied the integration by parts today. Yeah, I asked my teacher about question 1. It isn't that hard. Yeah, just make it linear. You get a double integration kind of thing.

As for question 4, I'll get the exact answer tomorrow. I'll take it to my teacher, as usual.
wmalouf
I just studied the integration by parts today. Yeah, I asked my teacher about question 1. It isn't that hard. Yeah, just make it linear. You get a double integration kind of thing.

As for question 4, I'll get the exact answer tomorrow. I'll take it to my teacher, as usual.

Mate I'm with Jeg 4 I don't even know where to start with 4. No way that's AS and GCSE stuff surely ...
Reply 194
Mitch92uK
Mate I'm with Jeg 4 I don't even know where to start with 4. No way that's AS and GCSE stuff surely ...

They are supposed to "stretch you", as they say.
Lucky me, I'm not even doing A levels, and I haven't done GCSEs. I emailed them asking for a sample test, explaining that I'm not doing the A levels. I was told that churchill has no samples. Also, you have to remember that Trinity's test is done before the interview, so that the answers are discussed, as well as techniques for solving them. With churchill, we don't discuss them, so maybe they wouldn't be as difficult.
guys have done, question 9 and almost done q 4 (required a bit of lateral thinking here...) and how would you draw sin (1/x)??
sasjegbruv123
guys have done, question 9 and almost done q 4 (required a bit of lateral thinking here...) and how would you draw sin (1/x)??

Is Q9 C4 jeg? Also could you post/pm your working for Q4 please lol.
Reply 197
Also, what was your answer for Q6? I just want to double check mine. I used the conversion of GPE to KE to solve it.
wmalouf
Also, what was your answer for Q6? I just want to double check mine. I used the conversion of GPE to KE to solve it.

ah that's clever, i'll have a go at that now. And my bad i mean't question 8 lol the electricity one.
wmalouf

Think I got sqrt (2gl)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending