The Student Room Group

Selling to CeX

Hey iv got a gamecube and lots of games to sell to CeX and I was just wondering how they go about paying you for your goods. Do they pay you on the spot or send them away to be tested first and pay u later. I read on their website that when u sell online they send them away to be tested and then pay you about 10 days later but I just wanna know if this is the same as if you go into a store and sell in person?
Reply 1
purplerat
Hey iv got a gamecube and lots of games to sell to CeX and I was just wondering how they go about paying you for your goods. Do they pay you on the spot or send them away to be tested first and pay u later. I read on their website that when u sell online they send them away to be tested and then pay you about 10 days later but I just wanna know if this is the same as if you go into a store and sell in person?

I sold some stuff to them a few years back, they just check the condition of the disc in store. However, they will check the console (ie plugging everything in).

They pay you or give you a credit note there and then.

However, I saw there site, the prices aint great, ebay it!
Reply 2
You need to be a member in order to sell goods to them in person. If you're not a member then you can still get store credit.
Reply 3
thanx for the reply - how do i become a member?
Reply 4
uzi123

However, I saw there site, the prices aint great, ebay it!

I thought the price for all my stuff was quite good actually. Selling all my stuff to CeX comes to about £180 and looking on ebay, people have sold a similar package for not more than £80. :smile:
Reply 5
purplerat
thanx for the reply - how do i become a member?

Ask in store and bring some form of identification with you - passport, driving license, utility bill (I think) or debit/credit card.
Reply 6
CEX suck

Store credit was about 20-30 pounds for all the games i had

then they gave me 5-10 pounds cash for it
Reply 7
well i sold it all and got 165 quid cash, quite a result, the same stuff would have gone for about 80 quid on ebay i think !
Reply 8
How much did you sell? I've got loads of GC stuff I don't want/need anymore.

Latest