The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Troll!!!
Reply 21
Surely they will have to find a private house? I cant see it working in Halls..
nikk
Troll!!!

:confused:

I hope you don't mean me? I have better things to do than troll on this forum, thanks. :rolleyes:
cRaig
Surely they will have to find a private house? I cant see it working in Halls..

When I read the first post, that's what I thought the OP meant. I thought he'd misunderstood and his friend was actually moving to the university with his family for them all to live in a house there.
Reply 24
Andy Pipkin
How many students bring their parents to live with them in Halls when they start uni?

I am asking because someone I know (18 y/o) is applying to do just that when he goes to the University of Westminster in September. He is not disabled and does not have any special needs or anything.

I think it's all rather strange...:s-smilie:

Isn't University all about gaining independence?
Reply 25
waaaa......?
Reply 26
Bubblebee

One of my flatmates moved in a week before everyone else (I did too) and his dad stayed a couple of nights on the floor cause nobody else was there, and that wasn't that bad...but all year? WOAH!

My Swedish flatmate's mum did this, don't see a problem with that but staying the whole year? :s-smilie:
That... is weird.

I've never ever heard of that before. I could understand it if this guy had a disability or was mentally unstable or something... but if that was the case, why leave home in the first place?

I couldn't imagine having my mum living here with me. It'd be an absolute nightmare!

"MORNING MORNING! It's 7:30am!"
"You can't drink out of that! It's covered in mud!"
"Get a haircut"
"There was a beautiful young girl knocking at the door asking for you just now. I told her you were busy cleaning the toilet"
"I changed all of your pre-set radio stations to Radio 4... I hope you don't mind!"

*Shudder*
Unless of course the parents will also be doing courses at the university.

Yeah...that happened in Neighbours once.

Weird situation though.

The guy's name isn't Will by any chance?
Reply 29
half face
That... is weird.

I've never ever heard of that before. I could understand it if this guy had a disability or was mentally unstable or something... but if that was the case, why leave home in the first place?

I couldn't imagine having my mum living here with me. It'd be an absolute nightmare!

"Get a haircut"
"There was a beautiful young girl knocking at the door asking for you just now. I told her you were busy cleaning the toilet"
"I changed all of your pre-set radio stations to Radio 4... I hope you don't mind!"

*Shudder*

Scary very scary
No he wont be weird, cos everyones a bit nuts at uni. :biggrin:

The accom office will not let them in no matter what the situation is, they may be facing eviction but once your friend is in university it is not their problem about the parents, even if the bailiffs are on the doorstep
half face
That... is weird.

"Get a haircut"

*Shudder*

:rofl: my idea of torture..and for a whole year? one day is bad enough
Reply 32
Does this sort of stuff happen?:eek:

I'm obviously quite obvlivious to what goes on in the world around me...:rolleyes:
Reply 33
i dont understand why you would even consider it for even 1 second. i could understand them staying over the 1st night if they're coming a long way or to help settle in or summat but why on earth would you actually want to have you parents living with you for the whole year!!?? doesnt make sense!!
Reply 34
Is this actually possible? To live in the same room, that is as I dont think many universities would allow it. One of my friends wanted to live with her boyfriend in the same room in halls and they wouldnt allow it, so I doubt they would allow parents.
Oh man. That would be mental. I was getting impatient for my mum to go after half an hour!
Are you sure his parents are just moving to the area the university is in? :|
Reply 37
Thats errrrr.. kinda gay
ROFL, what a troll
Thats funny:lolz: ;laugh; ;laugh; ;laugh; ;laugh; ;laugh;

Latest

Trending

Trending