The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

never heard of anyone doing that - ever! Are his parents gonna go? Why would they want to? Very strange indeed
That is very weird. But how?
Reply 3
That's just weird ... sorry, but it is. I've never heard of any student, anywhere, taking their parents to university with them. Apart from anything else, rooms in halls are usually singles - where are the parents planning to sleep? I honestly can't see the Accommodation office agreeing to that one, and can you imagine how unpopular he'd be with his flatmates?? I'm amazed that anyone is so brainless that they actually think that this happens ...

If he can't bear to leave his parents, then why doesn't he just apply to a local university and live at home?
Reply 4
That is very very weird, to me anyways. Unless he does have some sort of condition he maybe doesn't want to tell you about....
Well he lives in Sawbridgeworth (I live in Harlow), so I know it would take about 40 minutes by train to get into London, so if he commuted it wouldn't take that long.
Reply 6
lol this is a joke, somebody delete this post.
LOL...no one who is medically and psychologically okay does that!...Uni isn't just about education but independence aswell...he is not gonna have a very good social life.
Reply 8
Andy Pipkin
How many students bring their parents to live with them in Halls when they start uni?

I am asking because someone I know (18 y/o) is applying to do just that when he goes to the University of Westminster in September. He is not disabled and does not have any special needs or anything.

I think it's all rather strange...:s-smilie:

do you mean actually live with them or just stay for like a night so they settle in?

One of my flatmates moved in a week before everyone else (I did too) and his dad stayed a couple of nights on the floor cause nobody else was there, and that wasn't that bad...but all year? WOAH!
Reply 9
LOL. Someone on my floor had his dad with him at the start of term. To be fair he is from Mauritius!

And I swear someone brought their mum to a lecture the other day!!!!!!
Cessie

And I swear someone brought their mum to a lecture the other day!!!!!!

:rofl:
*starry_eyed_*
:rofl:
:dito:
Come on O.P. please explain yourself. Do you mean they're going to permanently move in with him, or what?
Schokis
:dito:
Come on O.P. please explain yourself. Do you mean they're going to permanently move in with him, or what?

Yeah, it will be for the whole year. I think his mum and dad may be facing eviction (or something), so they think living with their son at uni is a good choice.

But I swear their son will get bullied SO MUCH. :frown:
Well, some universities have family flats, but I imagine those with little uns get priority, and there are barely enough of them to go round as it is.

Are you sure they're not just applying for local council housing or something?
Reply 14
:eek: That's so strange. I would never even contemplate such a thing! I was worried about my mum just staying over for one night!
surely they can't do that though..what about accomodation costs? becaus ethat wouldn't be fair.
Reply 16
There was a Greek girl whose mother slept on her floor (in Halls) for most of last year. But yes, very rare, and a bit weird.
Reply 17
I thought the idea of uni is to get away from your parents!

Oh, and to study of course!
That's weird, I don't understand how that would work.
Reply 19
I doubt that's possible. I really don't think any universities will let rooms out to a student's parents. The only possibility is them moving into a rented house near the university together.

Unless of course the parents will also be doing courses at the university.

Latest

Trending

Trending