The Student Room Group

Using two monitors, worth it?

For front-end web developer/designer?

Scroll to see replies

100% worth it. Almost essential actually, it improves your efficiency by a lot
Definitely worth it for multitasking. I think 21:9 displays are awesome for this reason
Yep, worth it. I've been using 2 x 23" monitors for ages and they definitely have their advantages. I've actually got a 3rd one now but that's at my uni house, and the other two are at home
I couldn't work with fewer than six.

Spoiler

Reply 5
Nearly everyone at my workplace uses 2 x 24" monitors. It is definitely a pleasant to use and great for multitasking.
worth it.
I was actually thinking of purchasing 2x 29 inch Ultrawide monitors. Or 1x 34 inch ultrawide monitor. Expensive but the screen real estate is nice :biggrin:
Reply 8
I did work experience at a web-design company over the summer hols. Even doing the basic stuff I was doing, I found that 2 monitors was a must :smile:

I had two at home until Tuesday when I accidentally fried my second one :colondollar:
I find having two essential. Three is excellent. A fourth is quite nice occasionally.
I use a 2x2 array of 24" 1920x1080 monitors and a pair of 27" 2560x1600 monitors on my desk. I hate not having enough screen space.
Original post by Mad Vlad
I use a 2x2 array of 24" 1920x1080 monitors and a pair of 27" 2560x1600 monitors on my desk. I hate not having enough screen space.

It must be very taxing. Any chance you can upgrade the 2x2 to 3x2?
Yes! Say goodbye to single-tasking forever!
Original post by daryZ
For front-end web developer/designer?

Absolutely. It's worth it even for completely normal use, probably essential for something as intensive as development and design.

Whats the layout like? I'm guessing you have the 4 monitors on an arm, and the two ultra wide monitors on each side? Vertical?
Original post by bailfire
Whats the layout like? I'm guessing you have the 4 monitors on an arm, and the two ultra wide monitors on each side? Vertical?

No, sadly the two 27's arent mountable and have no rotation capability because they're crappy Apple cinema screens. I have the 4 on the left, a laptop and then the two 27s on the right side by side in an arc.
No, sadly the two 27's arent mountable and have no rotation capability because they're crappy Apple cinema screens. I have the 4 on the left, a laptop and then the two 27s on the right side by side in an arc.

Nice, I was thinking of upgrading to something similar - basically what I described previously.

I'm slowly changing my mind though, going to opt for the 34" Curved Ultra wide LG screen, 1 at first then a second and third by the end of the year. Planning to have them side by side, so it sort of surrounds me at the desk.

My pc is pretty powerful..but Idk about pushing 10320 x 4320..might be a big overkill.
Reply 17
A must... but 3 is better
Definitely! For me, I think 2 would suffice, more because I'd wanna see a lab document on one file and configure something on another. Three is ..hmmm.. but yeah more monitors is the best!
Meh, more than 2 is an overkill. For developing in general if you have a desktop then should get two monitors max. If you have a laptop then only one extra display is needed. In both cases, you code on one then preview on the other. Or on the laptop code on external display then preview on the laptop screen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending