The Student Room Group

Would you go out with a smoker?

Poll

Would you date a smoker?

No, I dont smoke, but I'm starting a job with an anti smoking charity soon, and am doing research though I'm in the finance department lol!

Some of my friends do and they say nobody seems to find it a turn off, do you? I know lots of guys find it a turn on because of the "shape" of cigars in a girls mouth :eek:

Also, is it true that smoking ages your appearance/makes you ill more (besides increasing the risk of cancer etc.)? A lot of my smoker friends are in their early/mid 30s and it doesnt seem to have made a difference on the outside.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bengali
No, I dont smoke, but I'm starting a job with an anti smoking charity soon, and am doing research though I'm in the finance department lol!

Some of my friends do and they say nobody seems to find it a turn off, do you?

Also, is it true that smoking ages your appearance/makes you ill more (besides increasing the risk of cancer etc.)? A lot of my smoker friends are in their early/mid 30s and it doesnt seem to have made a difference on the outside.

It's disgusting and an instant turn off.

I wouldn't even consider it.
Reply 2
Original post by Optimum_
It's disgusting and an instant turn off.

I wouldn't even consider it.

yeah kissing smokers isnt tasty if you're a non smoker :nope:
Filthy nty
where's the "maybe" option?
Original post by Bengali
yeah kissing smokers isnt tasty if you're a non smoker :nope:

I imagine it would be pretty gross.
If I really liked someone it probably wouldn't put me off. I would rather they didn't smoke though.
Reply 7
I'd imagine it would be pretty gross.

i did once before.. :puke:
Only if the person is seriously hot, but then Ill make them stop.
No i wouldnt date a smoker
Absolutely gigantic turn off. Obviously it isn't an instant deal breaker. But I can't think of something that is as large a turn-off other than being fat.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Absolutely gigantic turn off. Obviously it isn't an instant deal breaker. But I can't think of something that is as large a turn-off other than being fat.

LOOOOL 100% this XD
I'm a guy and yeah I would but then again I smoke too. I have a weird assumption that a girl who is willing to do something that is seen as negative in society must have a strong enough self image not to let peoples opinions bother her. Sure I don't mean rob a bank but low level stuff. Cause I like them ladies that are a little bit dangerous. That whole bad boy thing applies to girls too :smile:
Original post by Bengali
i did once before.. :puke:

Did you know the person was a smoker?
Or was it total surprise?
Massive turn off. Wouldn't ever considering dating a guy/girl who smokes
Reply 15
Did you know the person was a smoker?
Or was it total surprise?

No, it was a surprise (at a club, hed been missing half the night, been in the smoking area I realised afterwards)
Reply 16
I wouldn't go out with a smoker. Huge turn off for me (as a girl). Though I suppose, if I met them, and liked them, if they'd quit smoking it's a possibility.

I've seen some people who smoke their whole lives and it doesn't have much affect on them, others, it does and you can really tell, but I suppose that's also down to other factors such as diet, whether or not you drink, and maybe even luck.
Immediate no for me,it's one of a few things that i couldnt get over.
Reply 18
It is a no-no for me, but I would be ok with e-cigs. And you never know which door love will knock at...
Reply 19
Original post by claireestelle
Immediate no for me,it's one of a few things that i couldnt get over.

Hey can you help me with my question on

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3564505&p=59080713#post59080713

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending