The Student Room Group

iS IT POSSIBLE TO STUDY MEDICINE?

Now that l have decided what l want to be in life, l cant believe it took me 2 years.

But the a-levels l have done were Product Design, Computer Science and Business.

In AS l got AAA and A2 I got AAB

In my GCSE Science l got BB Double Award.

I was hoping if l could do a foundation year of medicine? If its not possible please dont be harsh, its my mistake that l have not decided in time. I'm sorry for me.
Reply 1
Original post by Onlychantele
Now that l have decided what l want to be in life, l cant believe it took me 2 years.

But the a-levels l have done were Product Design, Computer Science and Business.

I was hoping if l could do a foundation year of medicine? If its not possible please dont be harsh, its my mistake that l have not decided in time. I'm sorry for me.

Hi, Unfortunately not, you need at least one off chemistry or bio a level
Original post by Cpj16
Hi, Unfortunately not, you need at least one off chemistry or bio a level

Thank you so much for answering...which l made my mind up earlier.
Original post by Onlychantele

Some medicine foundation degrees would consider you with grades less than AAA, but you would need to check very carefully:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Foundation_and_Widening_Access_to_Medicine_Programs

You might also be interested in Access to Medicine courses:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Access_to_Medicine

What were you originally planning on doing with your A levels? And how long have you wanted to do medicine?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending