The Student Room Group

3 A2 levels + BTEC IT?

Hi, I performed pretty badly in my AS exams. My school will only allow me to pursue 2 A2 levels and 1 BTEC. However, I am taking chemistry A2 privately. My question is, if I were to apply with the following grades, what would my chances be for law at a top russel group university?
Psychology - A
English literature - A
Chemistry - A
BTEC IT (2 year course) - D*
Original post by xsellize
Hi, I performed pretty badly in my AS exams. My school will only allow me to pursue 2 A2 levels and 1 BTEC. However, I am taking chemistry A2 privately. My question is, if I were to apply with the following grades, what would my chances be for law at a top russel group university?
Psychology - A
English literature - A
Chemistry - A

For what degree subject?
As long as you're doing 3 A2s and do well in them, I don't see why they would look at your application unfavourably.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xsellize
Psychology - A
English literature - A
Chemistry - A

If you are predicted those grades, or have already achieved them, then clearly you will have a very good chance for the RG unis which require AAA or less. For those requiritng A*AA, then probably very little chance.
Reply 4
I would say you had an excellent chance

D*AAA will be more than most people apply with, you also have a good mix of science/technical and essay based subjects

I take it that IT is a subsidiary diploma (equiv to 1 A level)?
Reply 5
Original post by yt7777
I would say you had an excellent chance

D*AAA will be more than most people apply with, you also have a good mix of science/technical and essay based subjects

I take it that IT is a subsidiary diploma (equiv to 1 A level)?

Edit: Decided not to continue with A2 literature due to the workload required.. What are my odds like for russel group uni's with D*AA (IT sub diploma, chemistry and psychology) with a C at AS english literature (resubmitting coursework for hopefully an A)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending