The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Is it worth applying for Physics at UCL with my current grades? (2016 entry)

I got AAA in my A-levels this year (with an A at AS) I'll be studying Further Maths during my gap year also. I'm aware that the highest offer that UCL give out for Physics is AAA, however I assume that despite this, they are really looking for students with at least one A* due to the University's academic reputation. I was wondering if it is worth applying again given that I was rejected the first time round with predicted grades of AAA (but not having done any Further Maths)
Original post by provhatr
I got AAA in my A-levels this year (with an A at AS) I'll be studying Further Maths during my gap year also. I'm aware that the highest offer that UCL give out for Physics is AAA, however I assume that despite this, they are really looking for students with at least one A* due to the University's academic reputation. I was wondering if it is worth applying again given that I was rejected the first time round with predicted grades of AAA (but not having done any Further Maths)

Call them up brother!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I applied last year with A*AB in my A Levels for their MSci Theoretical Physics course, and they gave me an unconditional offer. You should be fine with AAA :smile: Just make sure your personal statement is the best it can be I guess, and having that further maths there will really help.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by provhatr

the 2015 entry had 11 applicants per place, with a small percentage of people getting in, with your grades you should have been fine. maybe it was something to do with extra curricular things? or showing your commitment to the course?

maybe you can call ucl and ask why you got rejected also.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending