The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL reapply or resit

Does UCL cs department accept resit application if I reapply after a Gap year or should I reapply with my current confirmed grades of A*A*AB in maths, computer science, physics and further maths. What are my chances of getting a place at UCL
Many thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Does UCL cs department accept resit application if I reapply after a Gap year or should I reapply with my current confirmed grades of A*A*AB in maths, computer science, physics and further maths. What are my chances of getting a place at UCL
Many thanks

At a University-wide level, UCL say here that, "Resits are generally considered for most of our programmes. Any programmes that do not consider resits will outline this on their department webpages. Where resits have been attempted more than once, this may put you at a disadvantage."

On the pages for Computer Science BSc (here) and Computer Science MEng (here) and that is no mention of resits, hence the university-wide approach above applies.

You ask whether or not you should "reapply with my current confirmed grades of A*A*AB". Does this suggest that you applied for Computer Science at UCL for 2023 entry but were not successful? Did you receive an A*A*A* offer, making you a "near miss" candidate? Or did you not receive an offer?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
At a University-wide level, UCL say here that, "Resits are generally considered for most of our programmes. Any programmes that do not consider resits will outline this on their department webpages. Where resits have been attempted more than once, this may put you at a disadvantage."

On the pages for Computer Science BSc (here) and Computer Science MEng (here) and that is no mention of resits, hence the university-wide approach above applies.

You ask whether or not you should "reapply with my current confirmed grades of A*A*AB". Does this suggest that you applied for Computer Science at UCL for 2023 entry but were not successful? Did you receive an A*A*A* offer, making you a "near miss" candidate? Or did you not receive an offer?

I did apply to UCL for 2023 entry but did not receive an offer. They did not give me any feedback either. I received and have confirmed an offer from another university but am now thinking of letting go of this offer to retry at UCL as I had anyway decided to take a gap year.

My dilemma is whether to even take the risk of letting go my current place and if I decide to do that then should I resit my further maths paper and convert the grade B to an A or possibly an A* or reapply to ucl with my current grades of A*A*AB.
Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
I did apply to UCL for 2023 entry but did not receive an offer. They did not give me any feedback either. I received and have confirmed an offer from another university but am now thinking of letting go of this offer to retry at UCL as I had anyway decided to take a gap year.

My dilemma is whether to even take the risk of letting go my current place and if I decide to do that then should I resit my further maths paper and convert the grade B to an A or possibly an A* or reapply to ucl with my current grades of A*A*AB.
Thanks

This is tricky as you don't know why you didn't get an offer.

Is your current offer (at the other university) deferred - i.e. for 2024 entry? (You say you "had anyway decided to take a gap year", but it's not clear when you made that decision.)

If it is deferred, then why not hold on to it whilst you do resits (if that's what you decide to do).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending