The Student Room Group

Is Britain's sea border its biggest asset during this refugee crisis?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Lady Comstock
I do think we should take in Syrian refugees, but I think we are very lucky to have a sea border so that we do not face the same problems as countries on the continent if this exodus of people spirals out of control, which it could do.

The Channel has served us well in the past and is continuing to do so.

Not only during the refugee crisis but during the World Wars. Who knows how would Britain end if the Spanish armada had a land link to Britain?
Original post by Pegasus2
Eugh, do you know anything other than how to repeat some trashy liberal line?

The people in those countries are already suffering because their own government is fighting the revolting population (the FSA in Syria), various other factions in Libya etc, it's called a civil war!

ISIL came about as a result of the Arab Spring destabilising and fragmenting governments. Lawlessness in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and Syria were the results of the Arab spring. This was immediately preceded by a lot of protesting in many Arab countries, which were for the majority, violently supressed (read: protesters shot at by government forces).

Intervention in Libya and Syria (US only) only occcured after this. The UN, most of the world and even Russia and China backed intervention in Libya against Gaddaffi!

I've seen a report stating most Iraqis are happier Saddam is gone, it wasen't exactly peachy under his rule, people feared him.

Go do some research, READ about whats actually happened rather than pedaling your single line that you've thought about for all of 2 minutes.

In before your next "bombing civilians" reply.

The clue is in the name, ISIL which stands for the Islamic state of Iraq and Levant.

Convenient how you fail to mention the lawlessness in Iraq and how that came about including ISIS there.

Really which report is this stating that most Iraqis are happier now with ISIS and continuing US bombardment then with Sadam. The US government supported Saddam at the peak of when the atrocities were at it's worst.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending