The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bthom19
Anyone else still not heard back from Cardiff or University of South Wales??

I haven't heard back from Uni of South Wales!! but I have a interview for cardiff next week x
Reply 1181
The
Original post by emmawebb
Just had my interview for child nursing this morning at Angila Ruskin. Went really well and I love the uni and Cambridge but we don't find out if we are allocated a place until April.

I came out of the interview and had an email sitting for me from DMU offering me a place for child nursing in sept! So happy but i want to sit hear back from other unis before I make a permanent decision. Anyone else have offers? Congratulations to all those who do, the feeling is amazing no matter what uni offers you a place, considering it is so competitive I'm happy to go anywhere xx

I have my test date for Anglia Ruskin next month, any tips or info about the day you have would be gratefully received
Does anyone have an offer from keele starting in September?
I had my Salford interview in December and I've still not heard back lol. Not expecting to though till at least next month or April.

Waiting to hear from LJMU as well and have Manchester interview in April.
Original post by Nattie2109
Does anyone have an offer from keele starting in September?

Yeah I got an offer through the other day from them!
What about you
I had an offer through on Monday. It's my first choice. Will I be seeing you in September?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nattie2109
I had an offer through on Monday. It's my first choice. Will I be seeing you in September?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah hopefully. I think that it is going to be my firm choice as well :smile:
oh hi, I had mine early Jan and still haven`t received a decision, though I guess you`ve had a longer wait...
I know people who have been offered places from my interview date and after, do you know if they have began to reject applicants yet? just to get an idea if they have responded to all
Though goodluck x
Original post by katienursing2015
I had my Salford interview in December and I've still not heard back lol. Not expecting to though till at least next month or April.

Waiting to hear from LJMU as well and have Manchester interview in April.
Reply 1188
Original post by Sianbx
I have applied for children's nursing for 2016 for BCU, Wolverhampton and Worcester. Has anyone heard from these uni's? I've got a selection test for Wolverhampton next week but I haven't heard off the others xx

have you heard from BCU and how did the Wolverhampton one go?
Bangor interview on the 15th of March anyone?
Has anyone had an interview there yet, don't know what to expect
Anyone heard back from LJMU yet?
Just a couple of random questions, does anyone know roughly how many places universities have for child nursing? And also if there'll be many spaces in clearing?! Sorry if they've been already asked!
Nope, I don`t think we`re due to hear until the end of Feb, though this may apply to just Child Nursing (I think) x
Original post by hannahbx
Original post by hannahbx

I had my interview in November and still haven't heard anything back. The wait has gone on forever! Hoping it's not going to be too long now
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lucytal
Just a couple of random questions, does anyone know roughly how many places universities have for child nursing? And also if there'll be many spaces in clearing?! Sorry if they've been already asked!

Different uni's have a different number of places, ljmu have about 20 and Sheffield Hallam have 60! I applied last year and went through cleaning, i remember Northumbria, Cumbria and London south bank were in clearing last year, I can't remember the other unis that were. I'm sure there will be spaces but it is hard to tell and you never know what uni's it will be!
Original post by Lucytal

Yeah, every uni is different but for childrens nursing it's not that much at all. Staffordshire told us they had 16, Wolverhampton 25, Angila Ruskin 26 and around 25 for DMU aswell... I think most unis are anywhere between 15-30 but some do have larger numbers such as Birmingham and Sheffield. But if you excel at interview you should have no problem just make sure you're confident and well prepared xx
Original post by Millie_09
oh hi, I had mine early Jan and still haven`t received a decision, though I guess you`ve had a longer wait...
I know people who have been offered places from my interview date and after, do you know if they have began to reject applicants yet? just to get an idea if they have responded to all
Though goodluck x

I know people have been rejected but they got rejected in the first few weeks. They did say at the interview the majority of people wouldn't hear till at least March.

When I was at my ljmu interview in December they said that no one would get an offer till all interviews are done because there is so few places and that they were going to look at applicants in Feb. Only people that were going to be straight rejected would hear and if you have had an interview there you would hear that day.
Original post by Shannon462
Different uni's have a different number of places, ljmu have about 20 and Sheffield Hallam have 60! I applied last year and went through cleaning, i remember Northumbria, Cumbria and London south bank were in clearing last year, I can't remember the other unis that were. I'm sure there will be spaces but it is hard to tell and you never know what uni's it will be!

Ok thanks! Always useful to know just in case I don't get the grades!
Original post by emmawebb
Yeah, every uni is different but for childrens nursing it's not that much at all. Staffordshire told us they had 16, Wolverhampton 25, Angila Ruskin 26 and around 25 for DMU aswell... I think most unis are anywhere between 15-30 but some do have larger numbers such as Birmingham and Sheffield. But if you excel at interview you should have no problem just make sure you're confident and well prepared xx

Thanks for your reply! That's useful to know xx
Thank you, that was really helpful as it`s been a long wait x
Original post by katienursing2015
I know people have been rejected but they got rejected in the first few weeks. They did say at the interview the majority of people wouldn't hear till at least March.

When I was at my ljmu interview in December they said that no one would get an offer till all interviews are done because there is so few places and that they were going to look at applicants in Feb. Only people that were going to be straight rejected would hear and if you have had an interview there you would hear that day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending