The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
they should do, yes.
Keeping your door locked at all times is just about the only reliable way of getting some privacy in your room, I've found.
Reply 22
Even then it's not perfect. I remember coming out of my ensuite butt naked when I was back in halls to find a guy in my room unscrewing the cable cover on my wall. Turns out he was fitting the internet cables :s-smilie:
Ensuite? Lucky you!
My privacy problems have more to do with living in a 6-metre-square cell with paper-thin walls and having an unfeasible number of evil people living on my corridor.
Reply 24
I also lived in a six metre square cell, but the walls were pretty thick.
Reply 25
I always feel really weird when mainteneve people are about. When I was back visiting I slept on a girls bed when she was at a lecture. She came back and he was changing all her lights with me asleep on the bed. Must have thought she was a proper slag.
Reply 26
I agree about the maintenance people! I hate the way that they can just get into your room whenever you want! You never know what they are doing when your not in there!
Reply 27
i don't see what the big problem is with people walking into your room without knocking. It's not that big a deal. Halls are for communal living.. If you need some alone time to sleep.. or you and your right hand need a catch up session.. then lock the door.
I always lock my room door. It's the only privacy I get in halls and I can't stand people walking in - even if they knock, it bothers me because I always seem to be busy at that exact moment.
Reply 29
Theres one extremely irritating idiot on this corridor who likes to barge herself into peoples rooms without knocking. As her friend lives next door-she tends to walk into my room forgetting shes got the wrong room. If she does it one more time (shes done it about 20 times already)-Im going to scream!! The corridor thing doesnt really bother me, but this particular girl tends to get on my nerves really easy, shes one of those peeps who refuses to clean up after herself, leaves the kitchen in a state, puts her face in peoples food to smell it, runs up and down the corridor, speaks really loud to her friends ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So yes, I think there are certain people who invade on peoples privacy.

Im glad I have my ensuite room though-I don't want to think about people barging in whilst on the loo!!

People also have the habit of looking through the peep holes on peoples doors (particuarly mine!!).

A little bit of blue tak on my peep hole and locking my door seems to work!

I think its only polite to knock on someones door-surely!?!

Latest

Trending

Trending