The Student Room Group

Moving from England to Scotland after As.

I am moving to scotland in 2016 after my AS exams. I am just wondering if anybody knows what the equivalent is? Also if i can carry on my A-levels in Scotland? Even if it is by home schooling or going into college? Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by student132540
I am moving to scotland in 2016 after my AS exams. I am just wondering if anybody knows what the equivalent is? Also if i can carry on my A-levels in Scotland? Even if it is by home schooling or going into college? Thank you

A levels are slightly harder than highers, but are considered easier than advanced highers. Pupils in scottish schools leave after 6th year, highers are taken in 5th and highers and/or advanced highers are taken in 6th year.

Certain scottish private schools follow the english education system I believe.
Original post by pjm600
A levels are slightly harder than highers, but are considered easier than advanced highers. Pupils in scottish schools leave after 6th year, highers are taken in 5th and highers and/or advanced highers are taken in 6th year.

Certain scottish private schools follow the english education system I believe.

Thank you!! I don't suppose you know what private school follow the English schooling system?
Reply 3
Original post by student132540
Thank you!! I don't suppose you know what private school follow the English schooling system?

You'll have to do your own research here I'm afraid. One I do know of though is http://www.strathallan.co.uk/

Quick Reply

Latest