The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Annie_K
You won't have a guaranteed offer of accommodation if you decline- I accepted mine.

I'll have to swap somehow or something else now. sigh

do you know if we'll have to move our stuff out during Christmas/easter holidays? Yeah, I guess I'll just have to wait till October and find someone to swap with, who knows, maybe we'll like it once we're there?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by AinaraVasquez
Anyone else got an offer for Stratford One? Does anyone know what happens if you decline your offer? I'm not too keen about living in Stratford tbh :/

You're probably better off accepting, toughing it out for the month then finding a swap. I wouldn't decline purely because you might not get another place at all, then you'd be stuck. I'm in the same situation so doing the same thing :smile:

P.S. If anyone's interested in Champion Hill en-suite £192p/w, I'm looking to swap to Great Dover Street, Julian Markham or Moonraker :smile:
Reply 182
do you know if we'll have to move our stuff out during Christmas/easter holidays? Yeah, I guess I'll just have to wait till October and find someone to swap with, who knows, maybe we'll like it once we're there?

I'm not sure, I don't think we can stay over the holidays. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

The travel cost will slowly kill me though lol
do you know if we'll have to move our stuff out during Christmas/easter holidays?

You don't, you're perfectly fine to leave whatever you like behind in your room (Just make sure the door is locked of course).

Only time EVERYTHING has to be moved is when you move in at the start of the year, and when you move out.

Original post by Annie_K
I'm not sure, I don't think we can stay over the holidays. Please correct me if i'm wrong

I know plenty of people (I was at Great Dover Street) who stayed over the holidays. Most people leave a few days after the holidays start, and come back a few days before the term begins. Others stayed over the entire holidays for various reasons. And of course, it would be hugely impractical to expect International Students to travel back home over the holidays for 2 weeks and then want them back.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Annie_K
I'm not sure, I don't think we can stay over the holidays. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

The travel cost will slowly kill me though lol

Apparently we can leave our stuff behind. It's not so much the transport for me, more the fact that Stratford, particularly the Westfield area is pretty rough and has a high crime rate and I wouldn't really feel comfortable there especially after nights out :s-smilie:
Reply 185
Apparently we can leave our stuff behind. It's not so much the transport for me, more the fact that Stratford, particularly the Westfield area is pretty rough and has a high crime rate and I wouldn't really feel comfortable there especially after nights out :s-smilie:

Even more fabulous
I have a moonraker-studio and would like to swap for ensuite/studio at urbanest westminster bridge, anyone??
I've got an offer for Angel Lane en-suite. While I'm happy it's one of the more 'affordable' ones, the distance between the place and the Strand/Globe Theater is making me a little anxious $$$$ :frown: Don't know if a swap is possible (how does the process work, actually?), but in general en-suite PG accommodations are so lacking there wasn't much of a choice to begin with :frown:

Aw man, now I'm a little worried... :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 188
Original post by Annie_K
Yeah, Strand for law. It's toooooooooooo farrrrrrrrrrrrr

Travel expenses as well.

Im for law as well!

We're going to end up spending so much money on travel
Original post by elyxr
Im for law as well!

We're going to end up spending so much money on travel

I'm also doing law and I'm at champions Hill, while the commute isn't too bad I'm closer to the dentistry campus than I am for law....
posting on behalf of my friend; they got an offer for Stratford One ensuite, however they would really ideally like Wolfson house non-ensuite, as they didnt apply for ensuite!! Anyone wanting to swap message me!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 191
Ive got Champion Hill but I really want Stamford Street cause my campus is Strand :frown:
Original post by skytrenfield
posting on behalf of my friend; they got an offer for Stratford One ensuite, however they would really ideally like Wolfson house non-ensuite, as they didnt apply for ensuite!! Anyone wanting to swap message me!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the exact same, applied for non-ensuite and got Stratford One ensuite. I cannot afford the accommodation cost, let alone the travel cost which comes from living so far from the Strand Campus. So anyone who wants a Stratford One Ensuite who has something cheaper/similar price and closer to Strand, message me.
I've got an offer for Champion Hill standard en-suite and I'm looking to swap for something closer to strand campus Great Dover Street Apartments, Stamford Street Apartments, London Bridge, Westminster basically anywhere other than Stratford and champion hill. If anyone wants to swap please message me!
I've got angel lane ensuite offer.
Does anyone from urbanest westminster want to swap?

Also, how is angel lane in terms of quality? and how would you rank KCL accomodations in terms of quality? where would you put angel lane?
Original post by polarko
I have a moonraker-studio and would like to swap for ensuite/studio at urbanest westminster bridge, anyone??

Are you an undergrad student? I wanted to apply for a studio but it wouldn't let me
Reply 196

All of the accommodation contracts I've seen are 40 weeks which last from September to Summer, you are paying for your room throughout the Christmas and Easter breaks so I can't imagine you having to move out
Reply 197
Original post by Mark5155
I'm also doing law and I'm at champions Hill, while the commute isn't too bad I'm closer to the dentistry campus than I am for law....

I hear its a 40min commute via train to the Strand campus from Champions Hill. Thats definitely not ideal. Im in the same situation. After browsing the comments and seeing how many ppl want out of Champions Hill..its highly unlikely that a swap will be possible.
Reply 198
I was offered an en-suite at Champions Hill, while my courses are on the Strand campus. Im a bit confused about why they would put so many people attending classes at the Strand way out at Champions Hill. I understand that its "random" but it doesn't seem very logical. Can someone offer a bit of advice?

Is it realistic to believe someone will swap Champions Hill for an accommodation closer to the Strand campus?

How difficult is it to find private accommodation and/or flat mates in London?

Anyone else in my situation?
(edited 7 years ago)
Nah, post grad. I think at moonraker, studios are reserved to post grads which I don't understand why. Where did you get?

Latest