The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

I have firmed KCL ages ago and it isn't letting me log into accommodation portal even though I received the email earlier
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 81
Original post by Hze11dhu
I have firmed KCL ages ago and it isn't letting me log into accommodation portal even though I received the email earlier

I had the same problem today! Email them and they'll reset your account - service was surprisingly quick :smile: (I'm still angry at their system as a whole tho haha, what's the point of giving us all the infomation of the residences online if we don't get a choice?!)
Original post by sadface
I had the same problem today! Email them and they'll reset your account - service was surprisingly quick :smile: (I'm still angry at their system as a whole tho haha, what's the point of giving us all the infomation of the residences online if we don't get a choice?!)

OK thanks I have emailed them :smile: I tried calling earlier but couldn't get through and figured emailing would take them longer so that is surprising you heard back so fast. I thought that as well! I wanted GDSA cos its the cheapest ensuite, and now if I apply for ensuite I will either have to pay tons or be placed far away, with a slim chance of actually getting GDSA!
Reply 83
Original post by JW22
How do we apply for Intercollegiate Halls? Do we apply to them through the portal the same as if we were applying to the King's residences, also do we get to choose what Intercollegiate Hall we want or is it chosen at random like King's accommodation

Yup its through the KCL portal. If you choose the intercollegiate option they give you preference for these halls over the kings halls, but you don't get to choose which intercollegiate you get assigned to.
is the login details just where it says portal number: ...............
and birthday?
do you email via portal
Reply 86
Original post by Zulaykha
Hey guys,I am a Postgraduate student at King's who is looking to give up my studio apartment in a private hall at Southwark, (10 mins walk from Waterloo and Guy's campus) by May and was wondering if anyone would be interested in taking up my tenancy which ends by the 2nd of September this year. Please pm me if interested. Hope to hear back from someone soon!

Im interested. It would be great if I can see more photos of the studio.
Please pm me if you got it. Thanks
Has anyone else not received the e-mail yet for login details?
Reply 88
Original post by Tarte Tatin
Has anyone else not received the e-mail yet for login details?

your details will be -
username: your king's student ID (which is a 7 digit number)
password: your date of birth in the format DD/MM/YYYY (slashes included)

if it doesn't work then i'd try emailing them!
Is it right that I can't choose the accommodation I wan under the Kings accommodation portal? Do they allocate us rooms (undergrad)?
so last year i applied for accommodation through king's and was able to select my 5 top choices. i then deferred until this year, and now i see that you're not allowed to choose your accommodation anymore. i think that's pretty stupid, given that there are halls in different areas of london (and travel zones), meaning that lots of people will have longer and more expensive commutes because they weren't allowed to select preferences based on their campus location! and all my research into the different halls is useless since they will allocate them completely randomly, basically. (i'm annoyed at king's, can you tell?)
Reply 91
Original post by Zulaykha
Hey guys,I am a Postgraduate student at King's who is looking to give up my studio apartment in a private hall at Southwark, (10 mins walk from Waterloo and Guy's campus) by May and was wondering if anyone would be interested in taking up my tenancy which ends by the 2nd of September this year. Please pm me if interested. Hope to hear back from someone soon!

I am a returning 2nd year and looking for accommodation from September for myself and one other. Is your place 2 bed? get in touch.
Original post by lovetravels
so last year i applied for accommodation through king's and was able to select my 5 top choices. i then deferred until this year, and now i see that you're not allowed to choose your accommodation anymore. i think that's pretty stupid, given that there are halls in different areas of london (and travel zones), meaning that lots of people will have longer and more expensive commutes because they weren't allowed to select preferences based on their campus location! and all my research into the different halls is useless since they will allocate them completely randomly, basically. (i'm annoyed at king's, can you tell?)

Hi, I completely agree! I found this out today and I am very angry (and worried) because there is now a good chance of getting halls on completely the other side of London to where I wish to study! + It means that all my research into accommodation was a waste of time! I think it an extremely stupid idea / very lazy of them. I can't seem to see their logic in doing this
Original post by Hello1029
Hi, I completely agree! I found this out today and I am very angry (and worried) because there is now a good chance of getting halls on completely the other side of London to where I wish to study! + It means that all my research into accommodation was a waste of time! I think it an extremely stupid idea / very lazy of them. I can't seem to see their logic in doing this

What about downright misleading and unethical?
Hello , I am Audrey.May i know that, does anyone stay there before ? How is the condition and environment ? Does it safety because i found out that it quite near to camden town through google. Thankyou so much for your patient reply.
AND i really prefer intercolllegiate hall, so if you get a place at intercollegiate hall but wish to let go,kindly please inbox me . Thank you so so much
Original post by kclintdever
I wonder how long will it take to bike/kick scooter from wolfson house to strand campus...

It's a 40 minute walk so I'd say maybe 30 mins?
Hi Guys,
I lived in Wolfson House for a year, and Great Dover Street for 2 weeks.
I've also spent some time in Stamford Street.

If you have any questions just let me know, especially about Wolfson.
Reply 97
Original post by brogan7812
Hi Guys,
I lived in Wolfson House for a year, and Great Dover Street for 2 weeks.
I've also spent some time in Stamford Street.

If you have any questions just let me know, especially about Wolfson.

hi, I'm interested in wolfson and so how is the single room especially?
Lived at GDS for my year out so feel free to ask questions!
Hi does anyone know if it's possible to move in to my accommodation a week or two earlier than the stated date? Thanks

Latest