The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Staying in temporary hotel accomodation!?!

Okay, I feel like I'm going through the worst time of my life right now. (Pulling my hair) Sorry to exaggerate.

University of Hertfordshire was my insurance choice so I did not meet the deadline to be guaranteed an accommodation within the campus. They offered me a hotel to stay in until I find an accommodation which frankly I'm not that excited about because I feel like I'll be missing out the student halls experience big time.

The email was so vague, I don't even know where this hotel is. Is anyone else in the same position?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Same here. I don't know anything about this hotel.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by Juditha
Same here. I don't know anything about this hotel.

Have you paid for the deposit yet?
Reply 3
Original post by mercurymiasma

Me too :frown: have't yet paid the deposit though, would like to know a bit more first
Reply 4

No I haven't paid yet, because they havent given me full information about it yet. Have u paid?
Reply 5
Original post by Juditha
No I haven't paid yet, because they havent given me full information about it yet. Have u paid?

I spoke to them and even though the deposit deadline is tomorrow noon, they wont be sending the details till monday. :frown:
Original post by jamie225
I spoke to them and even though the deposit deadline is tomorrow noon, they wont be sending the details till monday. :frown:

I have paid it just so I have somewhere to live meanwhile I find an accommodation. I've been emailing them back and forth. UH said that they will refund the deposit as soon as I find my own accommodation.

If you need a room mate, I'm available! :biggrin:
Original post by Juditha

I've paid it otherwise I will literally have nowhere to live smh
Reply 8
I've paid it otherwise I will literally have nowhere to live smh

They actually havent said anything at all to me. Nothing about any deposit or anything like that. Where do i pay the deposit?
I've paid mine just now too.

@above
They should have included in the email where to pay. What kind of message exactly did you get?
Reply 10
Original post by cheesychocolate
I've paid mine just now too.

@above
They should have included in the email where to pay. What kind of message exactly did you get?

Wow. I haven't received anything at all. One part of the email was "We are able to make available to you temporary off campus accommodation from Sunday 27 September." They didnt say anything about deposit.
Do you guys know the name of the hotel they've given you? There's two hotels literally within a 5 minute walk from the De Hav Campus. If it's either of those two then you should be content with it for now, promise. A lot of students are out of accommodation! But I don't think you'll be missing out at all. Plus although it's a hassle, it's only temporary.

Hertfordshire is often good with accommodation, something will be available soon enough.
Original post by Juditha
Wow. I haven't received anything at all. One part of the email was "We are able to make available to you temporary off campus accommodation from Sunday 27 September."

I'd say give them a ring as soon as you can tomorrow because the ''deadline'' for the hotel is tomorrow evening !

Not v impressed ngl
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Do you guys know the name of the hotel they've given you? There's two hotels literally within a 5 minute walk from the De Hav Campus. If it's either of those two then you should be content with it for now, promise. A lot of students are out of accommodation! But I don't think you'll be missing out at all. Plus although it's a hassle, it's only temporary.

Hertfordshire is often good with accommodation, something will be available soon enough.

Thank you! I don't know what to bring since I'll be staying in the hotel and I presume I'll be eating out most of the time
Original post by Juditha
Wow. I haven't received anything at all. One part of the email was "We are able to make available to you temporary off campus accommodation from Sunday 27 September." They didnt say anything about deposit.

So did they mention anything about a hotel at all? If not, then your case might be something completely different. I agree, give them a ring soon.
Reply 15
Are you also international students?
Reply 16
I'd say give them a ring as soon as you can tomorrow because the ''deadline'' for the hotel is tomorrow evening !

Not v impressed ngl

I'm actually going to go there tomorrow and see.
Reply 17
Original post by cheesychocolate
So did they mention anything about a hotel at all? If not, then your case might be something completely different. I agree, give them a ring soon.

Yeahh they did mention when i emailed them again.
Original post by Erisa
Are you also international students?

Nope...
Thank you! I don't know what to bring since I'll be staying in the hotel and I presume I'll be eating out most of the time

Bring what you'd bring as if you were to stay in student halls. As I said, it's only temporary. It's better to do that rather than get moved to student halls and you find you're missing some stuff! Sorry about the food issue though, as there isn't a personal kitchen in hotels. But hopefully you'll be fine and you're welcome :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending