The Student Room Group

Autism at Oxford

I'm applying for chemistry at Jesus College, Oxford next week. If I tick the Autism box on UCAS does that tell Oxford or just UCAS? If i got an interview I'd want to make sure they knew because I don't want social things to get in the way. Anyone know anything about it?
Original post by JosieH98
I'm applying for chemistry at Jesus College, Oxford next week. If I tick the Autism box on UCAS does that tell Oxford or just UCAS? If i got an interview I'd want to make sure they knew because I don't want social things to get in the way. Anyone know anything about it?

I have Aspergers so I'm in a similar situation to you. Oxford is told automatically by UCAS and they will probably get in contact with you to get more information. Whilst I'm not at Jesus College, I only have positive things to say about the support Oxford's disability department has given me throughout the application process and in managing the transition to University once I got my offer (so far, at least!). They really have bent over backwards to accommodate my needs. You're more than welcome to PM me if you want to talk about the kind of provision they have given me or who to get in contact with if you want to be proactive (or anything else).
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Plagioclase
I have Aspergers so I'm in a similar situation to you. Oxford is told automatically by UCAS and they will probably get in contact with you to get more information. Whilst I'm not at Jesus College, I only have positive things to say about the support Oxford's disability department has given me throughout the application process and in managing the transition to University once I got my offer (so far, at least!). They really have bent over backwards to accommodate my needs. You're more than welcome to PM me if you want to talk about the kind of provision they have given me or who to get in contact with if you want to be proactive (or anything else).

Oh okay great, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending