The Student Room Group

A100 Edinburgh Medicine - 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Does anyone have any idea when offers could potentially start coming through?
Original post by 5824

Around 16th/17th February last year evening time. Rejections came first. I think we generally thought this was earlier than normal and they told us mid/late March

All the best!
Original post by Ellie1504
Hi everyone 😊 I know Edinburgh only allow you to retake two AS modules and I was wondering how you declare which ones you're retaking on your UCAS application? Or if you need to do this at all? Thanks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

The two I repeated I never put down so they really don't mind as long as if you don't repeat more than 2.

Accurate info because I'm currently sitting doing tutorial prep for my next week at Edinburgh medical school ;P

Best of luck and don't stress too much, they take forever!
Reply 43
Original post by olivervick
Around 16th/17th February last year evening time. Rejections came first. I think we generally thought this was earlier than normal and they told us mid/late March

All the best!

Thanks for the reply :smile:
I'm just going to jump in and start a new topic :tongue: what other unis did everyone apply to?
Original post by shinthong123
I'm just going to jump in and start a new topic :tongue: what other unis did everyone apply to?

Yea! It's far too quiet on this thread
Reply 46
Original post by 5824

Edinburgh say that they give medicine offers between January and late March.
Reply 47

I've gone for Newcastle, Nottingham, Edinburgh and KCL for medicine, Durham for biomed.

I'd say Edinburgh is probably my least likely tbh, already got an interview at Newcastle.
Original post by jto5792
I've gone for Newcastle, Nottingham, Edinburgh and KCL for medicine, Durham for biomed.

I'd say Edinburgh is probably my least likely tbh, already got an interview at Newcastle.

what are your stats?
Original post by jto5792

Awesome! I applied to Newcastle as well but I think they process international applicants later so not expecting to hear back yet.

When is the interview?
Reply 50
Awesome! I applied to Newcastle as well but I think they process international applicants later so not expecting to hear back yet.

When is the interview?

I'm not really sure about what they do with internationals, but it is very very early on in the admissions cycle so I'd imagine that'd be the case.

Got it booked in for 2pm on Monday 7th December
Reply 51
Original post by ss2525
what are your stats?

I got 9A*s 2As 2Bs at GCSE, AAAB at AS (B by 1 mark :angry: ) and got A*AA predictions for A2 although tbh I'd be disappointed if I didn't exceed these.

I also got 787.5 on the ukcat (670,880,890,710) and band 1.

I think my personal statement might be a bit weak of anything though (hopefully I'm wrong here), I've never really had faith in my writing ability :tongue:
hi guys. what sort of UKCAT scores have people got? Just a bit worried that my 2540 is a bit low, but got a Band 1 and was looking at previous statistics and they have given offers to people with scores within the 2300s two years out of the last 3. I messed up on QR which dragged my score down. I have 6A*s 5As at GCSE, AAAAA at AS and predicted 4A*s at A2. Think i'll be ok?

Thanks!
Original post by jto5792
I got 9A*s 2As 2Bs at GCSE, AAAB at AS (B by 1 mark :angry: ) and got A*AA predictions for A2 although tbh I'd be disappointed if I didn't exceed these.

I also got 787.5 on the ukcat (670,880,890,710) and band 1.

I think my personal statement might be a bit weak of anything though (hopefully I'm wrong here), I've never really had faith in my writing ability :tongue:

Many many congrats on the UKCAT. You my friend are a wizard
Reply 54
Original post by Elliot_97
hi guys. what sort of UKCAT scores have people got? Just a bit worried that my 2540 is a bit low, but got a Band 1 and was looking at previous statistics and they have given offers to people with scores within the 2300s two years out of the last 3. I messed up on QR which dragged my score down. I have 6A*s 5As at GCSE, AAAAA at AS and predicted 4A*s at A2. Think i'll be ok?

Thanks!

I won't patronise you because you know that's not a great UKCAT but it's not totally terrible. UKCAT only counts as 20% of Edinburgh selection so there's a good chance you can compensate with your other good scoring. For instance, SJT is 15% and your Band 1 obviously gets you maximum score there and academics are good. It probably hinges on having an outstanding PS to be honest. Edinburgh is mega-competitive so there's not much room for error.
Reply 55

In addition to Edinburgh - Aberdeen, Glasgow and St Andrews.

St Andrews would be top choice - I know it's not the most highly rated for medicine but it just seems like a dream town to be a student in.
Original post by Elliot_97

Thanks!

I'm in a similar position to you with 2600 UKCAT band 1, 11A*s GCSE, 4As at AS and predicted A*A*A. But I really liked Edinburgh and thought it was worth a shot! Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hedwig24
I'm in a similar position to you with 2600 UKCAT band 1, 11A*s GCSE, 4As at AS and predicted A*A*A. But I really liked Edinburgh and thought it was worth a shot! Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow well done. And thank you! Just glad they put nearly as much emphasis on the SJT as they do on the UKCAT score. Probably wouldn't have applied otherwise! And yeah me too loved Edinburgh on the open day. Good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Hey Scottish applicants - on the ease/euclid portal thing, what's your fee status?? Cause mine mentions nothing about me being Scottish and it makes me panic slightly..also I saw somewhere that somebody got asked to upload their results certificate?? Have I missed something there haha? Many thanks and good luck guys x
Original post by jam9
Hey Scottish applicants - on the ease/euclid portal thing, what's your fee status?? Cause mine mentions nothing about me being Scottish and it makes me panic slightly..also I saw somewhere that somebody got asked to upload their results certificate?? Have I missed something there haha? Many thanks and good luck guys x

I've got this on mine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending