The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by jammy4041
I'm an Atlanta Hawks fan. Unfortunately, I don't really know too much about basketball, but Golden State and San Antonio are dominant this year. GSW are on an absolute tear, but the Spurs are there or there abouts usually.

When I was visiting Atlanta, I went down to Phillips Arena and impulsively brought a nosebleed ticket, on the first game of the Eastern Conference finals. Don't usually follow basketball, but I wanted to see NBA (after seeing an NFL game in Denver, and considering I was going to see the Atlanta Braves play on the weekend, also while I was in Atlanta.)

So, yeah, I basically paid $99 when I was in Atlanta for the privilege of seeing LeBron get a triple-double in the Phillips Arena. ATL was down by a lot, but showed some fight. Shame the rest of that series didn't work out. Teague showed why he is a beast though.

Teague is a beast, not sure what Atlanta is missing though, they go under the radar a lot even though their record was quite good last year. Wow watching LeBron must have been a great honour. I'm a huge fan of his, he does so much for basketball on and off the court, seems very down to earth too with all the humanitarian work he does. Can't wait for Kyrie to return too, he always makes games more enjoyable to watch.

Not a fan of the Warriors at all, I find Klay and Green to be obnoxious idiots. Although they are VERY good players, both underrated in my opinion which adds to Stephs credentials undeservedly so. But I like Curry a lot as an individual, seems very relaxed and confident but doesn't have a bad word to say about anyone.

Spurs is a great franchise overall, Kawhi is an amazing player. Pop has the be one of the best coaches of all time. Not been watching much of them since I prefer the more physically dynamic teams such as OKC and Sacremento and Clippers but they'll definitely be a danger. Personally I'm hoping they at least knock GSW out in the playoffs when the time comes.

Please take the time to enjoy a compilation of my favourite player ever Derrick Rose's best slam dunks :smile:

[video="youtube;fLC7SQQhnCM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLC7SQQhnCM[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sae.HH
Teague is a beast, not sure what Atlanta is missing though, they go under the radar a lot even though their record was quite good last year. Wow watching LeBron must have been a great honour. I'm a huge fan of his, he does so much for basketball on and off the court, seems very down to earth too with all the humanitarian work he does. Can't wait for Kyrie to return too, he always makes games more enjoyable to watch.

Not a fan of the Warriors at all, I find Klay and Green to be obnoxious idiots. Although they are VERY good players, both underrated in my opinion which adds to Stephs credentials undeservedly so. But I like Curry a lot as an individual, seems very relaxed and confident but doesn't have a bad word to say about anyone.

Spurs is a great franchise overall, Kawhi is an amazing player. Pop has the be one of the best coaches of all time. Not been watching much of them since I prefer the more physically dynamic teams such as OKC and Sacremento and Clippers but they'll definitely be a danger. Personally I'm hoping they at least knock GSW out in the playoffs when the time comes.

You know, I didn't quite think it at the time, but yes. Seeing LeBron was an honour. He does everything so well -- defensively as well as being dominant inside and outside of the paint -- and it looks so easy. At the time, I remember thinking that he had a quiet game! It wasn't until I got back to the hotel, that it sank in what he did. Despite the painful losses to the Cavs, I wanted them to win the NBA championship. Golden State have a good team, but it would be nice if someone can at least challenge them!!

Regarding Atlanta, it's difficult. The pieces are there, although, there is no real upper-echelon 'superstar.' Unfortunately, what they are missing is a winning culture, and well, I have nothing else but to say that Atlanta sports teams have simply forgotten to win. Be it the Falcons, Braves or Hawks. The Hawks are not like last year, but if they can do just enough to get into the playoffs, and get hot at the right time, who knows?
Reply 62
To me, its obvious that the hawks will make the playoffs. I hate the Warriors except Curry. I believe the Spurs are capable of stopping them from the title. The Bulls are good enough to beat any team, Drose is not playing as usual because I think he is scared of an injury.
Reply 63
Original post by zionpower
To me, its obvious that the hawks will make the playoffs. I hate the Warriors except Curry. I believe the Spurs are capable of stopping them from the title. The Bulls are good enough to beat any team, Drose is not playing as usual because I think he is scared of an injury.

He was incredible last night. Very aggressive and much like his old self, refreshing to see.
Never say die attitude from the Dubs was excellent. Got out with the win despite the awful defense. Definitely gotta improve else the Spurs on Jan 25th will kill us.
Reply 65
Original post by MrDystopia
Never say die attitude from the Dubs was excellent. Got out with the win despite the awful defense. Definitely gotta improve else the Spurs on Jan 25th will kill us.

Urgh Draymond is such a good player it's sickening. Would have him on my team than Curry any day, such a gem.
Original post by Sae.HH
Urgh Draymond is such a good player it's sickening. Would have him on my team than Curry any day, such a gem.

He came up huge in the 4th, had 8 straight points at one point. Plus this season he's been a bit of a triple-double machine.
Reply 67
He came up huge in the 4th, had 8 straight points at one point. Plus this season he's been a bit of a triple-double machine.

Guys like him are so hard to find, the Scottie type players who go unnoticed by a lot of people but without them teams would collapse and guys like Curry and Klay wouldn't be the players they are. Wish Bulls had a Draymond.
Reply 68
a battle between Aldridge vs Draymond will be interesting to watch. Draymond is important for the Warriors but as i hate them i would like any team to spoil them properly. they havent meet the CAVS, Spurs and my KNICKS. if the Clippers play "small ball" like them, they will dominate
Reply 69
a battle between Aldridge vs Draymond will be interesting to watch. Draymond is important for the Warriors but as i hate them i would like any team to spoil them properly. they havent meet the CAVS, Spurs and my KNICKS. if the Clippers play "small ball" like them, they will dominate

I'm trying to visualise a scenario whre DJ and a bunch of bench players like Pierce etc head to Houston in return for Dwight and Harden... don't know why but holy **** that would be an elite team. I think DJ is really overrated and if he ever seperates from CP3 he'll be exposed.

If Clippers could get Drummond :bl:
Reply 70
Doc Rivers has an old school type of coaching. he thinks elite players= excellent team= NBA Championship.
Now Paul Pierce is a bench player, last year in Washington he was hooping like rookie, now Doc has switched him off. he can't even shoot. DJ is only good at Blocks and Rebounds. they are only 3 keys on the Clippers: CP3,Griffin and Crawford.
same thing in Houston, they lack chemistry... good PG like Ty Lawson is now a bench player because of inconsistency,now he want to be traded(i hope he comes to the Knicks).
Reply 71
Doc Rivers has an old school type of coaching. he thinks elite players= excellent team= NBA Championship.
Now Paul Pierce is a bench player, last year in Washington he was hooping like rookie, now Doc has switched him off. he can't even shoot. DJ is only good at Blocks and Rebounds. they are only 3 keys on the Clippers: CP3,Griffin and Crawford.
same thing in Houston, they lack chemistry... good PG like Ty Lawson is now a bench player because of inconsistency,now he want to be traded(i hope he comes to the Knicks).

Yeah I definitely agree, when Crawford is on he's the man to get the ball to, I think Dwight would do really well with Clippers, CP3 is the ultimate point guard in this era and they'd be a lethal combo, and Blake is Blake, doing Blake things lol. Sadly it won't happen but I can dream. I'd love to see Dwight even at Bulls, he won't be intimidated by Butler or Rose because they're not considered to be much better than him, if at all. Having said that I'm waiting for Davis next contract to get to Chicago. :wink: But it might be too late by then with Rose getting slower inevitably.

BTW Do you mind if I created a template that you could change your first post to, for like information about basketball and stuff since we don't have our own sub forum, and is it possible to change the thread title?
Reply 72
Anthony Davis? no way... he has signed a 5 years contracts with the pelicans last summer, i think 150 millions over 5 years. my knicks beat the bulls last night and Butler has accused his Coach, saying he is not severe enough

about the post i don't know whether the thread title can be changed. maybe you can ask to this TSR moderator
Original post by Sae.HH
BTW Do you mind if I created a template that you could change your first post to, for like information about basketball and stuff since we don't have our own sub forum, and is it possible to change the thread title?

about the post i don't know whether the thread title can be changed. maybe you can ask to this TSR moderator

I don't have powers in this section of the forums sadly else I'd have done so. But if you draft up what you want the first post to look like (I was thinking having a section for the teams everyone supports!) then I'll forward it to the correct mod and they'll switch it up :smile:

Oh same for the title, they'll change that too.
someone change the thread name :biggrin:
Reply 75
Anthony Davis? no way... he has signed a 5 years contracts with the pelicans last summer, i think 150 millions over 5 years. my knicks beat the bulls last night and Butler has accused his Coach, saying he is not severe enough

Yeah tbh Thibs is a top tier coach, Hoiberg is untested, we;ll see in time though, Gasol wasn't playing and they should have rested Jimmy and Rose too, they just weren't up to it. I'll probably make an actual conclusion on the team by the end of next week, at the moment a bunch of things getting in the way, such as the unprecedented 4OT game.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 76
For the new thread name was just thinking we could copy the American Football template and go with 'NBA Talk I' what do you guys think? I've noticed our sport gets by far the fewest views though :frown: Not sure about the post 1 atm, was probably thinking about linking a good app to download to keep up with scores (clutchpoints) and some facebook pages like basketball forever and NBA on TNT, maybe a link to big schedules and stuff all star player candidates this season?

Just throwing ideas out there hehe, this is fun! BASKETBALL IS FUN!

Oh another thing we could do is have a list of the teams and regulars on this thread and who supports what team :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 77
Shots fired by Durantula.; http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/917104

SHAQ & IVERSON OFFICIALLY ELIGIBLE FOR FIRST BALLOT HOF!

Also Kobe Bryant names the top players he's played against!
Hakeem Olajuwon
Michael Jordan
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Clyde Drexler

Haven't had the pleasure of watching Drexler play but I know many hardcore fan analysts such as 'nobody touches Jordan' who think he's very underrated. High praise for Durant indeed to put him amongst all those top 10 all time players, I guess he is very good though.

Also glad he recognises Olajuwon for the beast he was, Kobe knows his basketball. :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sae.HH
For the new thread name was just thinking we could copy the American Football template and go with 'NBA Talk I' what do you guys think? I've noticed our sport gets by far the fewest views though :frown: Not sure about the post 1 atm, was probably thinking about linking a good app to download to keep up with scores (clutchpoints) and some facebook pages like basketball forever and NBA on TNT, maybe a link to big schedules and stuff all star player candidates this season?

Just throwing ideas out there hehe, this is fun! BASKETBALL IS FUN!

Oh another thing we could do is have a list of the teams and regulars on this thread and who supports what team :biggrin:

I'm thinking something that could all work.
Reply 79
I'm thinking something that could all work.

Sorry what do you mean by this? :p:

Latest