The Student Room Group

Is there still popularity in university?

I'm applying for Natural Sciences at Cambridge and Physics at Imperial, Exeter, Birmingham and Durham.

What I'd like to know is is there still a social hierarchy at university? Like a popular crowd? Are there certain groups that are cooler than others, and certain groups who always get invited to parties and others who never get invited to parties? If so, then what is it based on? Looks? Personality? Money? Are the same people who were popular at secondary school popular at university?
Original post by NEWT0N
I don't see why this even matters. With that frame of mind I personally think you should take a gap year. No offence intended.

Edit: Oh wait, your only just applying. Ok, fair enough. Give it a year and you'll find this post ridiculous, trust me.

All I want to do is prepare myself for going into a place that I don't know much about.
Reply 2
Original post by _SnowyLinenLand
All I want to do is prepare myself for going into a place that I don't know much about.

It's a new experience for all of the 3,000+ other freshers joining Cambridge (or whichever uni you end up at) each year too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending