The Student Room Group

NTU Grade Leniency studying Law through clearing

How lenient is NTU for clearing, and what is the lowest grade requirements that they would allow to study a Law LLB with them?
Original post by imclever24
How lenient is NTU for clearing, and what is the lowest grade requirements that they would allow to study a Law LLB with them?

As you know, for Law LLB (Hons) Nottingham Trent asks for "120 128 UCAS Tariff points", which equates to ABB - BBB. According to The Uni Guide, the most popular A levels studied (and grades achieved) there are: Psychology (C), Sociology (B) and Law (B) - source.

That suggests that they typically accept students a couple of grades below their standard entry requirement. This will vary from year to year, depending on how many applicants make their offer grades.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
As you know, for Law LLB (Hons) Nottingham Trent asks for "120 128 UCAS Tariff points", which equates to ABB - BBB. According to The Uni Guide, the most popular A levels studied (and grades achieved) there are: Psychology (C), Sociology (B) and Law (B) - source.

That suggests that they typically accept students a couple of grades below their standard entry requirement. This will vary from year to year, depending on how many applicants make their offer grades.

I study the same three most popular A-levels, and I am predicted a C in all of them at the moment and am likely going to just about achieve them. Do you think it would be wise to still aim for NTU or just go for another university with either lower grade requirements or a foundation year?
Original post by imclever24
I study the same three most popular A-levels, and I am predicted a C in all of them at the moment and am likely going to just about achieve them. Do you think it would be wise to still aim for NTU or just go for another university with either lower grade requirements or a foundation year?

It would be OK to have NTU as your firm offer (because you might do better in your A levels that you think and/or they might be able to confirm your place even though you'd be well below their standard requirements) if you have a more realistic offer to make your insurance. Do you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending