The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Accomodation

What is the best acom for a social person who is doing nursing!
Reply 1
Original post by Olivia Burke

For a social person studying nursing, here are some accommodation recommendations:

1. On-campus housing: Consider living on campus to connect with nursing students and participate in university activities.

2. Student housing complexes: Look for off-campus complexes popular among students, offering shared spaces and community events.

3. Shared housing or roommates: Find roommates studying healthcare fields for a supportive environment and social opportunities.

4. Join student organizations: Explore nursing-specific groups and clubs to meet like-minded individuals and expand your network.

5. Online communities: Engage in online platforms and forums to connect with nursing students and professionals.

Remember to balance socializing with academic responsibilities.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Olivia Burke

Hi,

I had a flatmate who was on a nursing programme, and we lived in Glen Eyre halls. This is one of the bigger student halls at Southampton so a great option if you want to get out and meet lots of other people!

The free bus pass, frequent bus links and the convenient location of bus stops near Glen means the commute to the hospital for placements is really easy. Glen is also a short walk to Highfield campus which is where, I would think, lots if not all of your contact time will take place. It also means you are really close by to all of the social activities taking place on campus, such as the super popular Stags' Karaoke!

Another option is Wessex Lane. This halls is located closer to the airport so a slightly longer bus ride on to campus, however it still isn't a long journey. It is a large and social hall, so it could be exactly what you are looking for.

If you have any other questions, I would be happy to help!

Jasmine (an Official University of Southampton Rep):smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending