The Student Room Group

Courses with vacancy

I applied for a university course back In October however I have not received a decision from that university yet. I checked the “courses with vacancies” on UCAS recently and saw that that course is amongst the list. I am curious what that means now because I’m unable to find any information on it. Does that mean there’s more spots available than people who applied?
Original post by pim1310
I applied for a university course back In October however I have not received a decision from that university yet. I checked the “courses with vacancies” on UCAS recently and saw that that course is amongst the list. I am curious what that means now because I’m unable to find any information on it. Does that mean there’s more spots available than people who applied?
It means currently, there are spaces to fill for that course. That is because, if you have not get an offer or an rejection, for the course, the university are still processing applications - and are willing to receive more applications.
As above - and often the vacancies at this stage are for International fee payers only.
Original post by pim1310

Hi,
It's best not to assume anything yet as the above comments suggest until you've heard from the universities themselves. If you're worried you could always contact the admissions team of the university that you've applied to and double check what the timeframe is for you to hear back.
Best of luck,
Meg :grin:
MA Popular Music Student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending