The Student Room Group

Waist trainers/cinchers?

Anyone used one before? I'm thinking of getting one, not really interested in corset waist training but plan to wear it under clothes. I'm fed up of looking pregnant all the time due to IBS, intolerances and pelvic tilt. I'm hoping it'll just flatten my tummy out when i wear tight tops or dresses.
try googling vacuuming exercises. And just contract your core quite often. Will help.
Original post by ChickenMadness
try googling vacuuming exercises. And just contract your core quite often. Will help.

I do this all the time :frown:. My stomach is flat when I wake up and my core is strong, then after every meal it bloats like I've just swallowed a football.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I do this all the time :frown:. My stomach is flat when I wake up and my core is strong, then after every meal it bloats like I've just swallowed a football.

cus of the IBS? you might be able to take something for that. some pills or green tea maybe? Supposed to have anti oxidants so maybe that would help with the bloating.
Original post by ChickenMadness
cus of the IBS? you might be able to take something for that. some pills or green tea maybe? Supposed to have anti oxidants so maybe that would help with the bloating.

I've tried a couple of things, I'm a bit wary of buying things online. I'll have another look in a health food shop or something. It's so frustrating!

I am the same! Okay it's not completely flat in the mornings, but it's flat enough that I can wear a cute dress or something. Then by the time I've had lunch I feel so bloated.

I'd like to see what suggests there are as well.
If ibs is your issue talk to your doctor about seeing a dietician. They will be able to help you undertake a low fodmap diet which will help reduce your symptoms

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by myblueheaven339
If ibs is your issue talk to your doctor about seeing a dietician. They will be able to help you undertake a low fodmap diet which will help reduce your symptoms

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen a doctor before but it didn't go anywhere, basically got told it was common, I should eat less junk and to go back if I found blood in my poo. Also I don't want to be on a really restrictive diet as I'm a fussy eater as it is... Don't think I could handle more foods I can't eat!
I've seen a doctor before but it didn't go anywhere, basically got told it was common, I should eat less junk and to go back if I found blood in my poo. Also I don't want to be on a really restrictive diet as I'm a fussy eater as it is... Don't think I could handle more foods I can't eat!

Sounds like your gp couldn't be bothered to be honest. I understand how you feel about reatrictive diets, but the low fodmap is restrictive for around8 weeks, and then you can reintroduce things. The idea is that it allows you to figure out your trigger foods and how much of them you can tolerate. Common triggers include lots of fruits and veg, so maybe keep a food diary to help you figure things out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest