The Student Room Group

Asda Retail Graduate Management (Uniform???)

Hi guys

I’m due to start my new graduate role at Asda on their retail management scheme this coming September (2023). I heard uniform for management varies amongst similar retailers, but I’m sure it’s predominantly business casual?? Anyone know what Asda managers are expected to wear? Are they expected to dress smart-smart, like not trainers, etc?? I feel like I’ll be working long shifts and I honestly struggle with footwear that isn’t trainers so I’d like to know before hand and get a wardrobe ready for September.

Thanks
Hi,

I’m also starting in September. My friend is currently a manager at ASDA and basically said it’s smart causal but don’t think trainers are okay tbh. Maybe if all black you might get away with it. Haven’t seen anybody else on here who has been accepted into the scheme so would be great to connect. Hit me up 👍🏼
Reply 2
Ah fair, makes sense, thank youuu :smile: Also congratulations on getting onto the grad scheme!! And yes I’d love that! Also wheres your first rotation?? - I’ll be based in Dagenham.
Original post by Tasamontana
Ah fair, makes sense, thank youuu :smile: Also congratulations on getting onto the grad scheme!! And yes I’d love that! Also wheres your first rotation?? - I’ll be based in Dagenham.

Congrats to you too.
Im in the North-West, Manchester. What is your actual first rotation? In store? What role?
Reply 4
Original post by CaseyHorner02
Congrats to you too.
Im in the North-West, Manchester. What is your actual first rotation? In store? What role?

Yes it’s instore, superstore to be exact, not exactly sure what my role will be yet. Just been sent my contract and some ‘getting to know’ ASDA docs, which I assume you have too! Do you know what your role will be then?
Hey guys, I managed to get onto the program too! We should make a group chat and get to know each other, I think that would be pretty fun and definitely helpful :smile:
Reply 6
Heyyy, congratulations!! :smile: And yess I definitely agree, how can we do that??
I am a new member on the student room so I can't send you private messages, can you try sending me a private message? Not sure how it works.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending