The Student Room Group

I really can't pull girls to save my life...

3 days ago I went to a massive club with 5 big rooms then went to a freshers ball yesterday. Theres some things I want to say

Too much competition
I'm 5'9 and everyone is 6'2. My face isn't great and I don't stand out at all. I'm surrounded by LOADS 6'2 good looking males with stubbles. Dress sense is fine.

Loud Music
How can I have a convo when music is ridiculously loud

Yesterday I saw a really ugly short guy get a decent girls number. This kind of gave me hope.

How do you initiate interaction on a dance floor?

After these 2 failures It made be think how pulling girls outside a club looks so much easier.

Any tips will be appreciated and please share your success stories!

Scroll to see replies

Youre trying to start a convo in a club. Its not what theyre there for
Wish I could help; but it is basically just looks + trying (or waiting for an ugly girl to try it with you). Yea the loud music makes convo impossible, which if you are a smooth guy, means you can't use your skills.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

You don't - pulling in clubs isn't about forming a deep emotional connection it literally is casual sex.

Smile, dance with her etc
3 days ago I went to a massive club with 5 big rooms then went to a freshers ball yesterday. Theres some things I want to say

Too much competition
I'm 5'9 and everyone is 6'2. My face isn't great and I don't stand out at all. I'm surrounded by LOADS 6'2 good looking males with stubbles. Dress sense is fine.

Loud Music

Yesterday I saw a really ugly short guy get a decent girls number. This kind of gave me hope.

After these 2 failures It made be think how pulling girls outside a club looks so much easier.

Mate, everything is solvable if you put in enough effort.

Dedicate yourself to perfecting the art. You have observed that the music is too loud for conversation. Well then you need to adapt and work out other methods of communicating besides long conversations. Think of short witty lines you can say that don't require too much back and forth.

Develop your body, that is something doesn't require talk and can be observed instantly.

Develop your dance moves. A great dancer is a great puller.

Good luck in continuing to perfect these strategies and in thinking up your own!
Reply 5
Well being a girl myself, first of all I can say that height is not an issue.. Just because they're 6'2 doesn't mean they're automatically better than you. :')
And I'll let you in on a secret, majority of girls in clubs aren't fussed about being "pulled".
Just be yourself and try to engage in conversation (when the music isn't too loud) and stop overthinking too much, don't be disheartened. You shouldn't compare yourself to anyone else :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by еlоhssa
Wish I could help; but it is basically just looks + trying (or waiting for an ugly girl to try it with you). Yea the loud music makes convo impossible, which if you are a smooth guy, means you can't use your skills.

Not just looks. A great confident dancer is very appealing to women too.

Too much competition

Loud Music

It's all about eye-contact and the attraction is always physical. With this in mind, you need to be more confident and forward. You can't afford to think that you're too short, or that other guys are better than you.

It's all about being confident about yourself.
Original post by Doctor_Einstein
Not just looks. A great confident dancer is very appealing to women too.

LOL, that can work, until someone smooth chats her up. I've had 100% sober, super hot girls literally jump on me before, but it would never happen in a place where the music is too loud to hear a word.
Reply 9
Try the pub instead, spruce up, dress well, use your repartee..
When my friends come back from uni, we always go out for drinks in bars etc, and then will go to a club.

Usually, if my friends are on the pull, they'll start just dancing with anyone and everyone. But sometimes, guys will come over to us and start dancing - if no one's interested we ignore him, if someone is interested the group will start joining in with the guy's dancing and allow him to dance with the group.

I suggest you should do the same, dance near someone you're interested in, and see if they'll dance with you too. Almost every time a guy 'latches' onto our friend group in the club, we'll all share drinks and stuff with him and his friends after a while and it's fun.

As you've already noticed, there's not much room for conversation. Just try and dance with a girl, maybe offer her a drink or whatever and don't be weird/creepy. Some guys really do have the 'I'm going to drug you' vibe, so try not to come across like that. :P
Reply 11
Original post by CosmicStorm
When my friends come back from uni, we always go out for drinks in bars etc, and then will go to a club.

Usually, if my friends are on the pull, they'll start just dancing with anyone and everyone. But sometimes, guys will come over to us and start dancing - if no one's interested we ignore him, if someone is interested the group will start joining in with the guy's dancing and allow him to dance with the group.

I suggest you should do the same, dance near someone you're interested in, and see if they'll dance with you too. Almost every time a guy 'latches' onto our friend group in the club, we'll all share drinks and stuff with him and his friends after a while and it's fun.

As you've already noticed, there's not much room for conversation. Just try and dance with a girl, maybe offer her a drink or whatever and don't be weird/creepy. Some guys really do have the 'I'm going to drug you' vibe, so try not to come across like that. :P

This is spot on

Posted from TSR Mobile

Too much competition

Loud Music

The fact you are percieving other guys as tall and good looking indicates your lack of confidence. The average male height is much less than that, but you feel small. I know exactly how you feel, you go clubbing and the other guys seem like they know what they're doing. I go now (I'm 24) and I realise most guys don't have a clue. That's the most important thing to realise- most guys are clueless, you aren't miles behind, you're normal. Put a bit of effort in and you can easily get to above average. You aren't short, you're average-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11534042 If you don't see yourself as attractive, they won't.

You don't, you initiate in the smoking area (if there isn't a quiet bar area). You don't have to smoke, I don't. Try and make a connection, music or whatever. Try to make her laugh. Flirt generally, but don't shower compliments, one, on her personality or dress (NOT her looks) is fine. If she has something unusual- blue hair, an unusual dress, tattoos, she probably wants attention for them, mention them. Touch her hand/arm/knee, whichever is closest. If she doesn't react negatively, ask if she wants to dance. Kiss her on the dance floor. By making this initial contact, you're allowing her to not feel as slutty- she didn't just pull some random guy on the dancefloor, she met X, he seemed nice.

If you do want to pull on the dancefloor, shake some moves, look for admiring glances. If you can't dance, like me, wait until a song you really like comes on, get in there all excited, and look for a girl doing the same- boom, instant connection, go for it.

Biggest what not to do is lurk. Look out at a dancefloor when you're out, and look for which guys look creepy. It's the lurkers, they hang around women, waiting for some perfect opportunity. If you see a girl you like the look of, go straight up to her. It looks very confident. If you do this when you first walk in a room, you'll look confident to everyone.

Don't buy girls drinks. It isn't necessary, it makes you look like you're lower than them (you're essentially paying for their company), and it'll make you feel **** when they just take the drink and brush you off.

Always take a "no", or negative body language. Just smile and walk away like it's no big deal.

Don't base your night around pulling. It adds to the pressure, and makes you feel like a failure if you don't suceed. Go out with friends, have a laugh, then go on the pull, then back to friends.
Original post by CosmicStorm

What if a 4/10 guy latches on to your group and dances? be honest
What if a 4/10 guy latches on to your group and dances? be honest

I would assume that's what kind of score you'd give yourself, yes? That's not confident! Besides, everyone has different tastes in our group anyway.

We're out for a laugh, to have fun. If a guy comes up to us with the same attitude (confident, wanting to have a laugh, to have a bit of fun, make friends, etc.) then the chances are our group would allow that guy to dance with us. The likelihood is you aren't going to stroll into a group of girls and 'wow' them all because not every girl fancies the same kinds of guys.

All you need to do is be confident, want to have a laugh and a good time and then that's it. Generally the group rejects anyone who will straight-up lurk for no reason, or inappropriately touch someone - because that's not even a little bit cool.
Reply 15

Too much competition

Loud Music

I love how you say "pull" girls as if we're fish, as if you have to pull us over and we're meant to date you but you're right...there is some competition and we don't have to settle for something lesser than us....you. So good luck lol and if you think you have 2 failures you're sadly mistaken :smile: clearly there are other factors you have overlooked :smile::smile:

Too much competition

Loud Music

Loud music - make eye contact with a girl you like the look of and smile.
Don't think it's about looks. You say an ugly guy got a decent girl's number - it'll be his personality - make her smile. Ask her questions about herself. Pay attention and be attentive. Talk to her and connect. Call when you say you'll call. Be considerate. Occasionally take her a bar of her favourite chocolate when you go to meet her, it will be a nice surprise and show you're thinking about her. Don't be afraid to compromise, you might not enjoy something like shopping but for the sake of a couple of hours, is it really a hardship? Remember it goes both ways. Learn the signs of when she's feeling down or needing to be alone. Don't subscribe to playing head games, leave that to kids.

That's all you really need to know about women.
Reply 17

Too much competition

Well I'm 5'9 and I've pulled plenty, not to brag, but I doubt your height has a big impact. I know a guy that's probably 5'2 and he's had more girls that most people I know.

Reality is, you won't learn how to engage with females effectively on this forum. The only way you'll learn is through real life observation of more accomplished men than yourself, and trying it for yourself. Failing a load of times and realising what stuff you should do, and what stuff you should never ever do when interacting or engaging with women.

Peace
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sadly
I love how you say "pull" girls as if we're fish, as if you have to pull us over and we're meant to date you but you're right...there is some competition and we don't have to settle for something lesser than us....you. So good luck lol and if you think you have 2 failures you're sadly mistaken :smile: clearly there are other factors you have overlooked :smile::smile:

Well damn 😨😂
Original post by Yawn11
Well I'm 5'9 and I've pulled plenty, not to brag, but I doubt your height has a big impact. I know a guy that's probably 5'2 and he's had more girls that most people I know.

Reality is, you won't learn how to engage with females effectively on this forum. The only way you'll learn is through real life observation of more accomplished men than yourself, and trying it for yourself. Failing a load of times and realising what stuff you should do, and what stuff you should never ever do when interacting or engaging with women.

Peace

Truth- more the trying than observing. You don't master most activities the first time you try them, and pulling is no different. Approaching women can be hard, but you do it enough and it'll be second nature. There's only so much other people can teach you, you need to learn your own strengths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending