The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Bristol - official Q&As thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kwhitman
Hi i applied 16th dec and have an interview for the 19th feb ! dont worry i'm sure you will hear something soon. have you applied anywhere els? x

Yes herts qmu Glasgow ulster uni ... how about you
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 21
Hi
I've been considering transferring universities from Teesside to UWE for the second year. I'm studying Aerospace Engineering and want to continue studying it. I have the required UCAS points, and (so far) passing all the modules which I believe to be similar enough to UWEs modules.
Would you accept transfers?/How likely is it to get on course given my circumstances? (passed UCAS deadline - 15th Jan?)
And if it is at all likely, would I be able to get first year accommodation since I won't know the area or anyone there.
Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by P_Brain
Hi
I've been considering transferring universities from Teesside to UWE for the second year. I'm studying Aerospace Engineering and want to continue studying it. I have the required UCAS points, and (so far) passing all the modules which I believe to be similar enough to UWEs modules.
Would you accept transfers?/How likely is it to get on course given my circumstances? (passed UCAS deadline - 15th Jan?)
And if it is at all likely, would I be able to get first year accommodation since I won't know the area or anyone there.
Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi, we do accept transfers but you will be required to apply through UCAS first(we are still accepting applications after the 15th Jan deadline). There are no guarantees your transfer will be accepted due to various factors but you will have a greater chance if you apply ASAP.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail then please speak to our admissions office - 0117 32 83333

Regards, Justin
Hi just wondering how long it normally takes to hear back from UWE for Diagnostic Radiography i applied mid November.. is this a bad sign ..thanks
Original post by strabane15
Hi just wondering how long it normally takes to hear back from UWE for Diagnostic Radiography i applied mid November.. is this a bad sign ..thanks

Applications are currently still being processed but you should here something by the end of the week. If you would like more detail then please contact our admissions office - 0117 32 83333

Best wishes, Justin
Original post by UWE Bristol
Applications are currently still being processed but you should here something by the end of the week. If you would like more detail then please contact our admissions office - 0117 32 83333

Best wishes, Justin

ok thanks for your swift reply i'll hold on to the end of week in hope
Has anyone got an offer for primary education?
Reply 27
Original post by UWE Bristol
Hi, we do accept transfers but you will be required to apply through UCAS first(we are still accepting applications after the 15th Jan deadline). There are no guarantees your transfer will be accepted due to various factors but you will have a greater chance if you apply ASAP.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail then please speak to our admissions office - 0117 32 83333

Regards, Justin

Hello again
Just a quick question here.
In the process of completing the UCAS application and I'm wondering if I can reuse the reference from last year or not?
I heard it varies between unis
Original post by P_Brain
Hello again
Just a quick question here.
In the process of completing the UCAS application and I'm wondering if I can reuse the reference from last year or not?
I heard it varies between unis

Hi, yes it is okay to reuse the reference from last year.
Original post by strabane15

Have you had an interview yet?
Original post by daniellee0
Have you had an interview yet?

hiya just got email last week calling me to interview now on 7th april.. how about you?
Hello :smile:
I have recieved an unconditional offer for the MSc Human Resource Management (International) full-time programme, but I can't find anywhere the teaching timetables from previous years.
Truth is, I really want to get a job (part time or not) in the HR field (it's time to become a responsible adult, haha).
How hard is it to find such a job?
Moreover, will the teaching timetable from this programme allow me to have a part-time job? I really have no idea if the classes are mostly in the evenings or also during the morning and afternoon.

Does anyone know if you have to stay on campus for first year accommodation? My course will be based on glenside campus and looking on the UWE website there are only 2 place on campus to chose from. But surely not all first years based on the campus will all fit in the two buildings, so is it possible to stay elsewhere?
Original post by daniellee0
Does anyone know if you have to stay on campus for first year accommodation? My course will be based on glenside campus and looking on the UWE website there are only 2 place on campus to chose from. But surely not all first years based on the campus will all fit in the two buildings, so is it possible to stay elsewhere?

You don't have to stay on campus. There are many websites that offer rooms for rent in Bristol, and most of them look quite good. So you can choose between private accommodation and campus accommodation and the money difference between those two isn't much :smile:
Hope my post was useful for you :smile:
Original post by bianca.elena
Hello :smile:
I have recieved an unconditional offer for the MSc Human Resource Management (International) full-time programme, but I can't find anywhere the teaching timetables from previous years.
Truth is, I really want to get a job (part time or not) in the HR field (it's time to become a responsible adult, haha).
How hard is it to find such a job?
Moreover, will the teaching timetable from this programme allow me to have a part-time job? I really have no idea if the classes are mostly in the evenings or also during the morning and afternoon.

Hi Bianca,

If you would like an idea of what the teaching timetable is like for last year I would recommend contacting the programme leader. Please click on his name on the course page http://courses.uwe.ac.uk/N6001/2016 to find out his contact details
Reply 35
Hello,

I have received unconditional offer from UWE or the Computer Science full-time programme. It doesn't say anything about the interview do you think that I will need to have one anyway? Also is there any possibility that they can reject my entry later in the proccess of recruitment? I am worried because I am still waiting for a decision from one of the college which means that I can't accept UWE offer. Can I be rejected due to late reply for your offer?

Thank you.
Original post by Mandoka
Hello,

I have received unconditional offer from UWE or the Computer Science full-time programme. It doesn't say anything about the interview do you think that I will need to have one anyway? Also is there any possibility that they can reject my entry later in the proccess of recruitment? I am worried because I am still waiting for a decision from one of the college which means that I can't accept UWE offer. Can I be rejected due to late reply for your offer?

Thank you.

Hello, Mandoka.

Congratulations for the offer!

I think that if you have received an unconditional offer from the University there will be no interview.

About the late reply for the offer..Hmmm, when I got the offer I had 14 days to decide if I wanted to accept it or not. So I think that after the deadline, your offer will expire.

Good luck!
Reply 37
Hello Bianca.Elena

Thank you for your reply. So I have received the offer 19 Jan 2016. It actually says on UCAS website that I need to wait until I will receive decisions from all of my choices - they have until 5 May 2016 to respond.
Do you think it's already too late or I still have a chance to accept the offer?

Thank you!
I was unable to attend my interview the other day as I was really unwell, I have emailed the uni but heard nothing back yet.. Can they offer me another interview or am i just going to be rejected :frown:
Original post by Mandoka
Hello Bianca.Elena

Thank you for your reply. So I have received the offer 19 Jan 2016. It actually says on UCAS website that I need to wait until I will receive decisions from all of my choices - they have until 5 May 2016 to respond.
Do you think it's already too late or I still have a chance to accept the offer?

Thank you!

Hey, I think there's still a chance. However, you should send an email to the university's admissions team and tell them about the situation. They are super friendly (from my experience) and will give you all the information you need ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending