The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Bristol - official Q&As thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Thank you bianca.elena! I've sent them an email and I will see if there's still a chance for me.

Can I ask what do you think about the Uni? Do you like it and feel that they have been teaching you well? How does the lectures/tutorials looks like?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by Mandoka
Thank you bianca.elena! I've sent them an email and I will see if there's still a chance for me.

Can I ask what do you think about the Uni? Do you like it and feel that they have been teaching you well? How does the lectures/tutorials looks like?

Hi, Madonka

I'll begin my studies at UWE only in September.
But I have heard from different people that the Uni is awesome, the courses are well structured, the teachers are dedicated and will help you when you encounter difficulties.
I had a friend who studied Computer Science and was very pleased with the programme. He got accepted to different universities, but he chose UWE because of its courses and its reputation :smile:
To be honest, I haven't heard negative feedback about UWE and that's the reason I also applied to a master's programme there :smile:)
hi!
I'mgoing to be studying marketing at UWE in September. I would quite like to live in the city center but my course is based on Frenchay. Is it easy enough to get to Frenchay campus from the city center or would living on Frenchay be better?
Reply 43
Hello,

Thank you for reply. I hope this will be the right decision :biggrin: Do you know anything about the accommodation for students? I've check on UWE site and I can see that there is a lot of campuses. Do you know how does it work? Do I apply for one campus which I like the most? As far as I know my course will be based on Frenchay Campus so I was wondering if it's better to stay in one of the campuses in the city centre or that would be too far? Do you know if the bus connection is quite good on that route?
Original post by Mandoka
Hello,

Thank you for reply. I hope this will be the right decision :biggrin: Do you know anything about the accommodation for students? I've check on UWE site and I can see that there is a lot of campuses. Do you know how does it work? Do I apply for one campus which I like the most? As far as I know my course will be based on Frenchay Campus so I was wondering if it's better to stay in one of the campuses in the city centre or that would be too far? Do you know if the bus connection is quite good on that route?

Hi :smile:
you can choose between campus accommodation or private accommodation. I don't know how it works with the first one, but there are also a lot of offers for private accommodation (rooms to rent, flats/houses to share with other people).

My couse will also be on Frenchay Campus. It's located 4 miles north of the city centre, and there are good bus connections, as far as I know. (yaaaaay, we're not gonna be isolated, haha)

Here are some links that I have found useful regarding the campus :smile:
http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/comingtouwe/campusmapsandinformation/frenchaycampus/frenchaycampusmaps.aspx
http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/comingtouwe/howtofindus.aspx
Reply 45
Hi,

That's great to hear it as I've noticed that some of the buildings are older and cheaper. I was actually wondering if there is any parking where I could park my car? Any on-street parking is available around the campuses?

Hey that's great :smile: Will you be applying for accommodation in the city center or Frenchay Campus?

Also do you know when we can start applying? On the website it says "apply by 8th of June" so do you reckon I can apply even now? I am a bit worried about the first come first served basis :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mandoka
Hi,

That's great to hear it as I've noticed that some of the buildings are older and cheaper. I was actually wondering if there is any parking where I could park my car? Any on-street parking is available around the campuses?

Hey that's great :smile: Will you be applying for accommodation in the city center or Frenchay Campus?

Also do you know when we can start applying? On the website it says "apply by 8th of June" so do you reckon I can apply even now? I am a bit worried about the first come first served basis :/

Hi

I'll look for private accommodation :biggrin: I think that would be better for my budget :smile:)
In case of campus accommodation, my guess is that the sooner you apply, the better.
I'm not sure about the parking options, but I think that you'll surely find a place to park your car :smile:
Hi ive an interview on 7th april for diagnostic radiography ... im flying in from Ireland at 9.30am as interview isn't until 1pm... I was wondering if you could advise of anywhere near or at university I could pass time & best way to get from airport ... any advice would be appreciated
Original post by sofia.prusak
hi!
I'mgoing to be studying marketing at UWE in September. I would quite like to live in the city center but my course is based on Frenchay. Is it easy enough to get to Frenchay campus from the city center or would living on Frenchay be better?

Hi, it is easy to get from the City Centre to Frenchay Camput. There are a number of buses routes you can use and travelling by car(via M32) is quick and easy enough. More info is available on our travel pages http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/comingtouwe/howtofindus
Reply 49
Hii,
I'll be studying Adult Nursing at UWE and therefore will receive an Nhs Bursary, as you're aware is paid in 12 installments along with a reduced non-means tested SFE maintenance loan paid in 3 installments (termly). My query relates to how accommodation is paid for at UWE, as I'm aware you can chose from either it being paid in 3 installments (perfect for if you're receiving all your maintenance loan through SFE in 3 installments annually) however my concern is as the majority of my money for maintenance will be given by Nhs monthly, is it not possible for accommodation to be paid in 12 installments to match with how the Nhs busary is paid. May seem bit of a silly question just confused as won't you just end up with a lump some of cash at the end of the year and therefore worse off throughout the year?
Thanksssss:smile::smile::smile:
Original post by strabane15

Hi ive an interview on 7th april for diagnostic radiography ... im flying in from Ireland at 9.30am as interview isn't until 1pm... I was wondering if you could advise of anywhere near or at university I could pass time & best way to get from airport ... any advice would be appreciated

Can anyone help ?
I had an interview in the 16th of March I flew from Ireland aswell, there is no direct bus you have to get one to the city and then another out to uni.. It's about 20 minutes outside the city 😊 I got a taxi from the uni back to the airport was much handier especially if you don't want to miss your interest view
Original post by Mandoka
Hello,

City centre is not too far though you should be thinking about the traffic as it could take an hour to get into uni and sometimes when you have just 1 lecture it's too much (or maybe I was just lazy!). There are however a large selection of buses by 2 different providers- just depends on whether they turn up! Travelling by bicycle can be the best idea around the city.

I loved living in the student village! The issue with that is that there are not many pubs local, though this is slightly counteracted by all the shops and the 2 large supermarkets near Abbey Wood. I'd still say it's worth living on campus for the first year as there is a great feel to it and it's amazing being able to roll out of bed 15 minutes before a lecture. Hope this helps!
Original post by ch10
Hii,
I'll be studying Adult Nursing at UWE and therefore will receive an Nhs Bursary, as you're aware is paid in 12 installments along with a reduced non-means tested SFE maintenance loan paid in 3 installments (termly). My query relates to how accommodation is paid for at UWE, as I'm aware you can chose from either it being paid in 3 installments (perfect for if you're receiving all your maintenance loan through SFE in 3 installments annually) however my concern is as the majority of my money for maintenance will be given by Nhs monthly, is it not possible for accommodation to be paid in 12 installments to match with how the Nhs busary is paid. May seem bit of a silly question just confused as won't you just end up with a lump some of cash at the end of the year and therefore worse off throughout the year?
Thanksssss:smile::smile::smile:

Hi, there is an option to pay it in 8 monthly installments but not 12. More info here http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/accommodation/applyingforuweaccommodation/accommodationcosts.aspx

If you feel this will be difficult then please speak to our accommodation services team who will be able to advise further http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/accommodation/accommodationenquiries.aspx
Reply 54
Hi,
Thank you for all your replies. I am now bit worried as I still haven't heard from the last uni I've applied for - which means that I can't accept the UWE offer yet. Do you know if I can already apply for accomodation? I am afraid that it will be too late and there will be no more rooms left by that time :afraid::afraid:
Original post by Racheldug
I had an interview in the 16th of March I flew from Ireland aswell, there is no direct bus you have to get one to the city and then another out to uni.. It's about 20 minutes outside the city 😊 I got a taxi from the uni back to the airport was much handier especially if you don't want to miss your interest view

Hi thanks for this I think we will get the Flyer from the airport to the City Bus Station and then a taxi from there to the University, how much did a taxi cost from the airport ? if you don't mind me asking.

Did you get an offer , how did you find interview.. super nervous now
Has people got offers for radiography at UWE yet?
Reply 57
Original post by UWE Bristol
Hi, there is an option to pay it in 8 monthly installments but not 12. More info here http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/accommodation/applyingforuweaccommodation/accommodationcosts.aspx

If you feel this will be difficult then please speak to our accommodation services team who will be able to advise further http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/accommodation/accommodationenquiries.aspx

Okay then thankyou for the advice )
HI. I am doing BA (HONS) Business and Management. Just started first year. My exam is very near need help.
Original post by Mandoka
Hi,
Thank you for all your replies. I am now bit worried as I still haven't heard from the last uni I've applied for - which means that I can't accept the UWE offer yet. Do you know if I can already apply for accomodation? I am afraid that it will be too late and there will be no more rooms left by that time :afraid::afraid:

Hi, apologies I must have missed your reply :colondollar:. Please read this webpage which will give you more information on when you can apply for UWE accommodation
http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/accommodation/applyingforuweaccommodation/howtoapplyforaccommodation.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending