The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Bristol - official Q&As thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hello, I'm a Yr 13 student studying Alevel, and I was hoping to do Adult Nursing in this university. I realised that there were two different campuses (Glenside Campus and Gloucester Campus) for this course and I was wondering which is the better campus for my course. Thank you.
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Hi,

I am wondering when the approval decision will be made regarding the Film Studies BA, and when the course structure will be available?

Thank you!
Reply 82
Hi, just want to ask a few questions regarding the graphic design course.

Do graphic design students get briefs from actual clients? If so, do they get it more than the briefs tutors give them? And would you say the course is more practical-based than academic-focused? Hopefully you can also share the experience of a recent graduate or a graduating student. :smile: Would love to hear their experience.

Thanks
its not really a question but I've made a UWE fb group for people to join and start talking to people who may be on their course etc :smile: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1815485932058873/
Reply 84
Hi, was just wondering whether if I stayed at the Hollies for accomodation, is there a good bus service close to get to Frenchay Campus?
Reply 85
Hi, i have received offers from both uwe and Cardiff and just wanted to hear some opinions on what computer science is like at uwe. It looks to be very AI focused but just wanted to hear some opinions of people who are currently on the course and if the course is taught well.
Reply 86
Hi UWE,

I am really considering making UWE my first choice, my only concern is that the university seems quite far out from the city centre?
I do want to be in the heart of the action and be able to get into the city centre of Bristol quite easily.
Can you reassure me that UWE students aren't "out on a limb?" Is there a good social life in UWE?

I don't want to feel disconnected with everything!

Thanks so much in advance for your response
Original post by Josiekp
Hi UWE,

I am really considering making UWE my first choice, my only concern is that the university seems quite far out from the city centre?
I do want to be in the heart of the action and be able to get into the city centre of Bristol quite easily.
Can you reassure me that UWE students aren't "out on a limb?" Is there a good social life in UWE?

Hey!
While I was visiting the uni, I traveled to the city centre to just check out the place and it didn't take me too long to reach there.
You could choose the city centre accommodation instead if you still feel that it's quite far away.
Original post by Josiekp
Hi UWE,

Hello!
I'm local and live about 12 minutes away from UWE by train. I can assure you that UWE isn't too far from the centre at all in the grand scheme of things. It's not too long of a train journey or even a taxi ride. Uwe isn't too badly situated in terms of where it is in bristol. It's not too busy and isn't to quiet either. Social life will be buzzing wherever you go as basically almost every student is in the same boat and wanting the social aspect so you're not alone. If you have any questions about the area feel free to message me and I'll do my best to answer them :smile:
Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HollyUNI
Hello!
I'm local and live about 12 minutes away from UWE by train. I can assure you that UWE isn't too far from the centre at all in the grand scheme of things. It's not too long of a train journey or even a taxi ride. Uwe isn't too badly situated in terms of where it is in bristol. It's not too busy and isn't to quiet either. Social life will be buzzing wherever you go as basically almost every student is in the same boat and wanting the social aspect so you're not alone. If you have any questions about the area feel free to message me and I'll do my best to answer them :smile:
Thanks

Hi I'm over next Thursday for an interview Diagnostic Radiography we're flying from Ireland ..Was going to get flyer to coach station central Bristol & maybe taxi/ bus out to UWE Glenside campus.. Could you advise on which bus & reputable taxi firm..Or any advice be appreciated
Thanks in advance
There is an applicants day this Saturday, still received no details of agenda, (and yes I have emailed them to ask) time it starts etc. Is this lack of organisation typical of UWE... if so not sure it's a good sign?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OldFart99
There is an applicants day this Saturday, still received no details of agenda, (and yes I have emailed them to ask) time it starts etc. Is this lack of organisation typical of UWE... if so not sure it's a good sign?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went to an applicant day last wednesday,

have you checked the UWE welcome website (the one that you recieved a log in for) for a letter containing the agenda? If not, I also emailed them for another copy because the original wouldn't show up on my computer and they replied (I believe) the next day - so I wouldn't worry too much.
hiya! i've chosen UWE as my firm choice for social work 2017/18! i'll be staying on either glenside or the hollies but i have no clue what the accomodation is like, i feel like the pics on the uwe website are quite dated so can anyone answer me honestly what they are like and which i should go for xx
Got offer for Diagnostic Radiography .Yeahhh 😀😁
Reply 94
Original post by UWE Bristol
Hello everyone,

Welcome to University of West of England, AKA UWE Bristol official Question and Answer thread. We are happy to answer any questions about UWE Bristol, life in Bristol and student life. Feel free to ask us any question, whether you’re a current student, already applied or are thinking of applying to UWE Bristol. No matter the question, if we do not know the answer, we will find someone who does.

This thread will be monitored by Justin and Richard.

We are looking forward to your questions :h:

Justin

Hi!
i had an email today asking me to apply to accomodation, but the link i was sent didnt take me to an applocation form and i cant figure out if i was sent the wrong link, or if it is not yet open to applications! please help as i am aware the allocation is first come, first served. are you able to help?
Thank you!!!:smile::/
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by missytwinpeaks
Hi!
i had an email today asking me to apply to accomodation, but the link i was sent didnt take me to an applocation form and i cant figure out if i was sent the wrong link, or if it is not yet open to applications! please help as i am aware the allocation is first come, first served. are you able to help?

I had an email about accommodation this morning too and have successfully applied. My link went through fine? Ring them?
Original post by missytwinpeaks
Hi!

Oh damn If you haven't already try on a laptop as using phones didn't work for me last year. If that doesn't work then type in 'UWE Accommodation log in' into google and that should take you to the right place as long as you have the right log in details! Where are you thinking of applying? I'm in Wallscourt at the moment so can try and help if you like. Money wise Wallscourt is great, you get style and its relatively cheap. Carroll Court doesn't seem too great at all but thats my personal opinion and Student village is too expensive (as is the new ensuite flats and studio flats on Wallscourt) If you prefer being in the 8 beds, or want to be on the top floor of wherever you choose - which I advise if you want to avoid noise - or if you choose wallscourt but want a large or superlarge room then you have to put that in the notes section!! Sorry I can only really help for Frenchay accom but good luck!
Original post by UWE Bristol
Hello everyone,

Welcome to University of West of England, AKA UWE Bristol official Question and Answer thread. We are happy to answer any questions about UWE Bristol, life in Bristol and student life. Feel free to ask us any question, whether you’re a current student, already applied or are thinking of applying to UWE Bristol. No matter the question, if we do not know the answer, we will find someone who does.

This thread will be monitored by Justin and Richard.

We are looking forward to your questions :h:

Justin

hello
i want to do primary teaching with maths
i have got a B in GCSE maths
and i recently drop Alevel maths because i completely dont think i am ever gonna teach kids about integration or logarithms lol
so my qs is that can i still do that course without having A level maths and does your uni have that course.
thanks
Original post by coolmathametics
hello
i want to do primary teaching with maths
i have got a B in GCSE maths
and i recently drop Alevel maths because i completely dont think i am ever gonna teach kids about integration or logarithms lol
so my qs is that can i still do that course without having A level maths and does your uni have that course.
thanks

They have this http://courses.uwe.ac.uk/X123/primary-education-ite but its just general primary so you'd learn a bit of everything and then when you apply for a job you can specify you want to do maths... or you can just search on that website for undergraduate teaching courses and then click the entry button on the righthand side and it shows you what you need to be accepted for it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending